Part 2 - Do you at times feel as though you’re the “Thread Killer”?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AZPops

Flashlight Enthusiast
Admin note: This thread is Part 2 of the original post, started by AZPops in May of 2012.
The final post of that thread can be found here.

You know the last one to make a post in a thread and no one relies after your post! .... Yup, sometimes I feel that I'm the "Thread Killer"!

Last edited by a moderator:

Imon

Enlightened
If there's a part 2 to this thread doesn't this mean that someone "killed" part 1?
Or is this like an immortal jellyfish and all of the parts are just one being?

StarHalo

Flashaholic
YOUR NEW THREAD ARE PROFESSIONAL DELIVERED

iPJehqfWTOokv.gif

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
If there's a part 2 to this thread doesn't this mean that someone "killed" part 1?

It's all one. Every atom of matter making up every server hard drive the thread is stored on, and every electron passing through every cable to get between you, me and every one else involved in this thread was born at the same moment, and each one of us shares at least one atom that was once part of the same thing, a star or a planet.

We are all one. Immortal. The thread cannot be killed any more than the energy stored between the quarks of your atoms of your molecules of your DNA, of your very existence can be.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Okay, I'm here!

I brought the chainsaw, 2x4s, gasoline, welding torch, and some mysterious liquid with Haz-mat markings on it. Let's get busy killing this . . . er, I mean . . . renovating this topic for the lovely family to move into it. :whistle:

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

Empath last sentence closing Part I "Its limited size should permit moderation without regret, including its removal or closure."

moderation without regret,,,, sir yes sir:welcome:

On more than one occasion something I posted in Old #1 was thought to be in need of moderation. My bad. :whoopin:

Here's to a fresh start :takeit:

But first, I'd like to say good by to an old friend: :thanks: for the good times, it won't be the same.....

.....but that's the idea, isn't it?

The extreme length of this thread creates a value, and collection of postings that discourages its removal or closure. With that in mind, the thread will now be closed and archived for reference. The discussion can now be continued here. Its limited size should permit moderation without regret, including its removal or closure.

Empath

Well played sir, yes sir!

~ Chance

8. Whining and complaining about the rules

CPF has rules. Just about every forum on the internet has some kind of rules. All of you are here at CPF because of how it is run and the atmosphere. There are other forums you can go to but you choose to come here. The rules exist in order to keep things running smoothly and to maintain the atmosphere that you all enjoy when you come here looking for information or to share information. You all have seen what can happen when everyone is just left to do what they want. Total chaos and disorder. How do you expect to be able to find the information you're looking for if you don't know where to start looking for it? Should we just have one big forum and you can post any topic you want in it and use any kind of language and insult other members and just generally run amok? Of course, that is a ridiculous notion. And that is why we have rules. So that your experiences on CPF are pleasant and informative and fun.

The rules exist because someone at sometime abused CPF and rules had to be made. If everyone comported themselves as mature adults, we wouldn't have to have rules. But unfortunately, that is not how things are.

The moderators and administrators of CPF are around in order to keep order. Do not whine or complain about the rules and do not abuse the moderators or administrators for enforcing the rules. It is very disruptive to the board when gripes take over a thread. Take them off the board in either private messages or email. The alternative is to go and start your own forum and set your own rules.

Last edited:
It's all one. Every atom of matter making up every server hard drive the thread is stored on, and every electron passing through every cable to get between you, me and every one else involved in this thread was born at the same moment, and each one of us shares at least one atom that was once part of the same thing, a star or a planet.

We are all one. Immortal. The thread cannot be killed any more than the energy stored between the quarks of your atoms of your molecules of your DNA, of your very existence can be.

Uh-oh! :eeksign: Sounds like mvyrmnd has been assimilated into the Collective! KILL THE BORG! KILL THE BORG! :xyxgun:

~ Chance

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast

Part 1 threads simply die of morbid obesity and spawn a new 'child' thread. FRANKENTHREAD IS REPRODUCING!!!

Careful,though; baby threads are fragile and need to be nurtured with love, not war.

ledmitter_nli

Flashlight Enthusiast
Michael Knight, a lone crusader in a dangerous world. The world... of the Knight Rider.

34j7qm1.jpg

ledmitter_nli

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone who posts below this line is a sissy and wears pink socks and knows it.

----------------------------------------------------

I think I look good in Mine.

8966879974_a8bf4336bb.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

If some cute girl said she wanted me to wear pink socks for something,, I'm there :devil:

_________^

----------------------------------------------------

I think I look good in Mine.

8966879974_a8bf4336bb.jpg

Yes, you do look good. Too good! That's the problem......

Somebody please explain the metrosexual movement to me? Honestly, I just don't get it. Do women date guys that are prettier than they are?

~ Chance

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
Chauncey Gardiner;4219756[... said:
Somebody please explain the metrosexual movement to me? Honestly, I just don't get it. Do women date guys that are prettier than they are?

~ Chance

No, beecauz ze French women are eeven more prettier zan ze Englishe women.

Status
Not open for further replies.