Help me get this out

Whomprat

Newly Enlightened
I have this romisen rc-t602 and the emitter is messed up, or the UI at least. Shiningbeam said to unscrew the pill, but I can't see a place to get a hold of it. The emitter board is loose and is only held on by wires. I'm pretty handy, and it's already broken, so I'll try whatever.
2013-06-05%2008.16.57.jpg

Whomp

Last edited by a moderator:

Cereal_Killer

Enlightened
DON'T CUT THE WIRES! those wires are very short and of you cut them you'll have to replace the. (A pain in the ***, trust me) just de-solder them from the pads and they'll be G2G when you are re-installing it.

Whomprat

Newly Enlightened
Let me make sure I understand the parts inside this thing.

The picture shows the led emitter, which is on a circuit board...is that supposed to be glued or just sitting on top of another part with thermal grease?
Is the part underneath the regulated circuit board? I think this is the part that's actually bad after playing with a multimeter.
Underneath that is the sprint that touches the actual battery. Is the spring separate from the circuit board?

thanks guy.

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
How deep can you drill two holes without hitting anything vital? Snap ring pliers and hopefully she ain't glued ?

Whomprat

Newly Enlightened
Thanks guys..I got it out. It looks like the circuit board is bad. I ordered a new one from shiningbeam. I think the new circuit board has a better low level anyway. :)