A2 delayed?

WaltH

Enlightened
Spoke with SF CS and was told beginning of March for the A2. They are ironing out production issues at this point. Might be some prototypes shown at SHOT.
Two weeks?

Gandalf

Enlightened
I am shocked; shocked I tell you, to hear that SureFire isn't meeting their 2nd (or is it 3rd?), date for shipping the A2. How can this be, from such a large and (formerly) credible company such as SureFire? This is completely unprecedented.....isn't it? (Dripping with sarcasm)
rolleyes.gif
icon8.gif
icon3.gif
icon13.gif

frown.gif
twak.gif
bluedead.gif

ygbsm

Enlightened
I wonder if March to Surefire means the month with the fireworks and cookouts where we celebrate the birth of our Nation?
wink.gif

P.S. I thought tkl would be all over this thread!
smile.gif

ToddM

Enlightened
Begining of March with surefire could just as well mean March 2004 or never. What happend to the "one little issue they have no control over and can ship immediately as soon as that's taken care of". I won't even get into their own definition of "two weeks".

I'm either getting grumpy and intolerant in my old age or surefire has really been dropping the ball the last couple years.

The way surefire is going they would be better served to say the A2 was discontinued and then surprize us all when it comes out instead of continually feeding misinformation to it's customers.

Todd

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by ygbsm:
I wonder if March to Surefire means the month with the fireworks and cookouts where we celebrate the birth of our Nation?
wink.gif

P.S. I thought tkl would be all over this thread!
smile.gif
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">hey! i resemble that remark.
twak.gif
grin.gif

nah, we all know better. it'll get here when it gets here.
smile.gif

actually, you might find this amusing, i have two on order with dan.
wink.gif
the huge price was my major gripe and when that came down it was hard to resist. especially considering they should have the o-ring squish ala E2E fixed.

i like the *idea* of the switching, i absolutely did not at first, but proofs in the pudding. i changed my mind after much, much twisting of my E2E tailcap.

i'm really looking forward to putting one through its paces. then i'll throw the smack down.
rolleyes.gif
grin.gif

ygbsm

Enlightened
Originally posted by tkl:
[Q] actually, you might find this amusing, i have two on order with dan. [/QB]
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">
grin.gif
grin.gif
You've got to be sh*&%@%# me!

Quick, someone call McGizmo!
grin.gif

Size15's

Flashaholic
I've said this before and I say it again.
Better to release a product that is ready rather then one that has to be recalled.

Optimists can never be pleasantly surprised because they believe we live in the best of all possible worlds.
Pessimists fear this is true.

Al

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by A00079:
I've said this before and I say it again.
Better to release a product that is ready rather then one that has to be recalled.

Optimists can never be pleasantly surprised because they believe we live in the best of all possible worlds.
Pessimists fear this is true.

Al
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">this is true al. i wish they'd stop tantalizing us with release dates they can't keep though.
grin.gif

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by ygbsm:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by tkl:
[Q] actually, you might find this amusing, i have two on order with dan.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">
grin.gif
grin.gif
You've got to be sh*&%@%# me!

Quick, someone call McGizmo!
grin.gif
[/QB]</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">yep, two.
wink.gif
don already knows.
tongue.gif

Size15's

Flashaholic
It is a difficult balance - keeping people informed about progress whilst having to rely on suppliers to perform as promised.

Sometimes I'd really prefer to be informed that a new product has been released and dealers are stocking it for posting out today.
But then of course I want to know why I wasn't told that it was coming, or why I wasn't given the chance to save up, or the headsup so I didn't spend money on something else etc etc.

Perhaps we should be less harsh when the window is open and we can see in, and also less harsh when find out for ourselves that the door has been open for ages but we weren't told if you catch my drift?

Al

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
we've heard of the increase, but have we seen it?

did someone just read a book of poetry?
grin.gif

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's why they lowered the A2 price, so everyone would decide to get one and then Surefire raises the price by the time it's released in March.
rolleyes.gif
(in 2004 or whatever).
grin.gif

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
well, for those of us that pre-ordered we're locked in.

does anybody know when the increase will take effect? as far as we know it's rumor.

ToddM

Enlightened
Oh, I don't mind being informed, I mind being repeatedly miss-informed, be it on purpose or otherwise. For the record, I'm sure all of surefire's repeated release date setbacks are not out of malicious intent. Things happen and outsource companies miss deadlines.

But again, I'd rather not know a product is going to be available till it's being SHIPPED to dealers, period. Even now, no one takes a surefire release date seriously.

To me it's like taking your car to the shop, being told it's going to be ready on monday, then monday get told it will be ready Wednesday, being told it might be ready sometime next week, then being told maybe later next month, no one appreciates that. After awhile all it does is cost the company credibility and their release date information becomes a joke. Then you have to start wondering what other information from them is in error as well.

Being informed means nothing if the information you get is incorrect.

Todd

KnightStar

Newly Enlightened
Originally posted by tkl:
we've heard of the increase, but have we seen it?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">LMAO.
tkl, did you recently see the movie, "Joe vs The Volcano"?
Steve

ToddM

Enlightened
Heh,

Here's another one from that I'm stealing from star trek.

We can verify the location of the A2, but not the existance.