SF M6

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
come on...nothing is too good to be modded! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

unfortunately, i can't really think of anything to make a significant improvement... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

maybe mod it with a 5w led, but that kind of defeats the purpose of 500lumens.

of course, i'm not an incandescant guy, so thers probably tweaks that could be made that i'm not aware of.

kakster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Only thing i can think of would be to somehow drop in one of those 10 watt WA Solarc HID bulb and ballast. Not having played with either M6 or bulb, im not even sure this would be possible. Some metal surgery on the M6 would be needed for sure.
**I dont think this would beat the stock lamps for lumen output, but i bet the beam colour would be much nicer**

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
oh, here's an idea...upgrade the head to a pk1 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

rstones1964

Newly Enlightened
I've just realized that a PK1, if available, is greatly out of reach financially! SF is supposed to be working on something with about 2000 lumens. Anyone know more about this???*~/;)

yclo

Flashaholic*
[ QUOTE ]
kakster said:
Only thing i can think of would be to somehow drop in one of those 10 watt WA Solarc HID bulb and ballast. Not having played with either M6 or bulb, im not even sure this would be possible. Some metal surgery on the M6 would be needed for sure.
**I dont think this would beat the stock lamps for lumen output, but i bet the beam colour would be much nicer**

[/ QUOTE ]

Already been done, by no other than PK himself! It will probably remain as a proto though.

-YC