Baby Boomer?: LEDs help a lot

PhotonBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Annapolis Valley, Nova Scotia, Canada http://tinyu
I just turned 57 and I now carry a Dorcy AA Luxeon modified by MR Bulk all the time. Previously, I carried a 3LED 1AA Dorcy. Both lights are great. Even with my special eyeglasses, I find close, small detail a problem, BUT with either of these lights, the problem disappears. EDC a good LED and experience the joy of detailed close vision again.

StuU

Enlightened
Try a good headlamp like a Streamlight Septor. It's great for aging eyes....eliminates the complication of holding a light when doing manual things with both hands.

PhotonBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Annapolis Valley, Nova Scotia, Canada http://tinyu
Problem is, I'm in front of a CRT a lot of the time which obviously doesn't require auxiliary light... then, I turn my head to one side, or, I'm not in front of a CRT at all. The tail cap on my LED EDC light comes to the rescue. Growing old is no fun at all... Wearing a headlamp 24/7 isn't really a viable option.

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
Photonboy & StuU,
I agree with both of you. A headlamp sure beats sucking on a flashlight especially a 2D /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hahaha.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rant.gif

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
StuU said:
Try a good headlamp like a Streamlight Septor. It's great for aging eyes....eliminates the complication of holding a light when doing manual things with both hands.

[/ QUOTE ]
I second that! Helps tremendously when working in dark equipment closets (why are they always the darkest rooms in the place?). Anyway, I carry my Streamlight headlamp everywhere now. ESPECIALLY after that little blackout. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif