• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired *** Gone*** FS DB700, SX1K 3W, Esink/Ecan pill

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just because I was bored and had these parts, I put together a pill using a DownBoy700 and a SX1K 3W emitter. I used the Esink/Ecan setup for this and it is designed to fit into an E2e head. All I did was put my E2e head into a vice and drill it out with a 13/32 drill bit from the back side. The pill drops right in and and the light goes together as normal.

The beam has some throw, although not as much as a modded KL4 or KL1. What it does have is a lot of very nice side spill that is complemented with a hotspot that will give you a moderate amount of throw. What was surprising was running it in direct drive on an E1e body. Very nice this way. It's a very good light for total darkness, as it is not blinding, but will still light up a dark room.

I don't have anyuse for it and thought I'd post it to see if anyone would be interested in it, before I stuck the pill in my junk drawer.

I have $45 in it and will sell "the pill" only for that amount including priority shipping in the CONUS. If you're interested, post then PM.

jtice

Flashaholic
Re: FS DB700, SX1K 3W, Esink/Ecan pill

I made a bb500 2rh pill the other day.
It has a GREAT beam patern. Nice tight spot, with a WIDE smooth flood. Great light.

StoneDog

Flashlight Enthusiast

I thought the e-sinks were set up for side emitters, not high domes? Can you post beam shots (especially if it's not sold yet).

Jon

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,

[ QUOTE ]
StoneDog said:
I thought the e-sinks were set up for side emitters, not high domes?

Jon

[/ QUOTE ]

They are made for side emitters but if you fill in the recessed area for the emitter spacing it out to sit about level with the esink a HD may be used. I remember it saying so when I just recently purchased one, but since they're sold out now I couldn't get a direct quote as to what it said.

jtice

Flashaholic

Yes, if you fill that place for the emitter, and make the emitter sit flush, its PERFECT.

Just made one the other day.
A small washer works well.

StoneDog

Flashlight Enthusiast

Chop, I might be interested - does this emitter sit down in the recess or did you raise it to be flush with the sink?

Jon

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast

How on earth did you guys dig up this old thread?

Is there really an interest in these things. Putting them together is a little tricky, but not too bad. There just isn't much room for error. The one mentioned in this thread has long since been dismantled and the parts salvaged. There just wasn't any interest in it and I had forgotten about the thread.

I too have noticed that the sinks aren't at the Shoppe anymore. I wonder if they've discontinued it. Oh well, making a similar sink to serve the same purpose isn't hard anyway. It was just convenient to be able to order one.

If anyone wants one built, let me know. Maybe we can work something out.

Just make sure that you know what you are getting if you want to have one built. This light is a FLOOD light with a bit of throw. It doesn't come close to a modded KL4 or even a modded KL1 with an NX05 in the throw department.

It is a nice close range light that will throw out to about 20-30 feet or so.

StoneDog

Flashlight Enthusiast

I didn't realize the original post was soo old. Kind of embarassing...

EDIT: I've heard SEs work better with E-series reflectors and will produce a beam close to the original MNOx beams. I wouldn't mind a DB400/Amber SE unit. Should give good light and long run times...

Jon