OS X Panther users, cool feature just for CPF!

Saaby

Flashaholic
*EDIT*
This is only tested in Safari so far.

Right click in a reply window (Er...control click). Go to spelling, click "spell as you type." You'll never have a misspelled word in a post again!

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i dontuse that unstable mac garbage /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smoker5.gif just kidding i kinda wish some day mac would make a distro for a pc. ive heard rummers but i doubt theyll ever do it.its bassed on unix aint it?

Mark_Larson

Enlightened
That feature's been there for quite a while, but takes up a sizeable CPU overhead on a lower-end machine (anything below 1Ghz G4)

eluminator

Flashlight Enthusiast
Raggie, if you had one of those built-in spell fixers, you wouldn't be able to read your own writing. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif

Saaby

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
Mark_Larson said:
That feature's been there for quite a while, but takes up a sizeable CPU overhead on a lower-end machine (anything below 1Ghz G4)

[/ QUOTE ]

It must be overhauled for Panther then. In Jaguar I could spell check individual words in Safari but couldn't set it to check as I go. Anyway I checked top and it's using 0% CPU and 1.5 Mb of memory. Right now I'm typing with the Activity monitor open and it isn't really requiring any extra CPU. I assume AppleSpell is the thread?

Raggie, Apple will probably never make a PC distribution. They're a hardware company, not a software company, don't let anybody tell you anything otherwise. If OS X ran on a PC then nobody would buy Apple hardware and /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gifoof: there they go.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
[ QUOTE ]
eluminator said:
Raggie, if you had one of those built-in spell fixers, you wouldn't be able to read your own writing. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
thats true lol /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif