Rechargable Surefire M6

toneedo

Newly Enlightened
Would anyone know if i can use 3 pila 168S batteries to power the surefire M6?

js

Flashlight Enthusiast
No. You can't. The battery holder of a SF M6 is made to take three parallel sets of
2 series 123A batteries. A 168 would not fit in the holder because it is divided in the middle.
And you couldn't just get rid of the holder and jam three 168s in, because the electrical
contacts wouldn't mate with the LOTC and LA. If you made a special holder, then
you could get it to light up, but the voltage would be wrong, and it would be underpowered
and much dimmer than with the 6 123A's. The 168 works in the L4 because the L4
has got a regulation circuit that boosts the voltage. I suppose you could somehow make
one of those and try to jam it into the M6 somewhere. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Well, no, actually, you couldn't.
Not unless you wanted to do a lot of machining and modifying.

If you're looking for a BRIGHT rechargeable light, what about the SF 10X dominator?
It actually puts out MORE lumens than the M6, if you install the 110 lumen "low" output
lamp, which then adds to the 440 lumen high output lamp for a total of 550 lumens.

The TigerLight is pretty bright, too. As bright as the M6 with LOLA, with more throw.

FlashlightOCD

Enlightened
The MagCharger with a WA01160 bulb is another respectable rechargeable that is also in the 500 lumen range. It is relatively inexpensive [compared to the SF 10x].

js

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've heard people say this about the MC + WA, and I don't believe it. That bulb
may put out 500 lumens, over driven as it is, but that doesn't mean that
500 lumens is coming out the front end. The beam shots I've seen don't suggest
500 lumens to me, because the M6 w/ HOLA is clearly brighter in the shots I've seen.

How did you come up with 500 lumens?