Tenergy 3.0v 900mAh Li-Ion RCR123A safe to use in Streamlight 61302 Argo headlamp??

batpot

Newly Enlightened

Redhat703

Enlightened
I use them in some Surefires (Leds) and Malkoffs with no problem. However, I :poof: my SF E2D incan bulb with 2xRCR123 once.

batpot

Newly Enlightened
At the risk if over generalizing...is it generally safe to use these batteries in an LED light, but not incandescent?

Dirtbasher

Newly Enlightened
At the risk if over generalizing...is it generally safe to use these batteries in an LED light, but not incandescent?

Even though this battery says 3V it comes off the charger around 3.2- 3.4 V , depending on That will determine the damage it can incur to a specific LED or incandescent bulb, I run them in two LED torches, the one gets very hot with a freshly charged battery, the other one's emitter driver is barely pumping full power at 230L, common sense should prevail here.

batpot

Newly Enlightened
Well...there's a battery warning all over this damn thing. A sticker on the back of the packaging, and another insert inside the battery compartment. Says to us Streamlight, Panasonic, Sanyo, or Energizer "123A", or Duracell "123" batteries. Then goes on to say not to mix brands, or old and new batteries. In the instructions, it specifically warns against the use of "inferior quality" batteries. It came with a pair of duracells, which should be fine, but I want, and already have a bunch of, rechargeable Li-Ions. I'll turn it on with some freshly charged tenergys, see how hot it gets, and go from there.

Dirtbasher

Newly Enlightened
Well...there's a battery warning all over this damn thing. A sticker on the back of the packaging, and another insert inside the battery compartment. Says to us Streamlight, Panasonic, Sanyo, or Energizer "123A", or Duracell "123" batteries. Then goes on to say not to mix brands, or old and new batteries. In the instructions, it specifically warns against the use of "inferior quality" batteries. It came with a pair of duracells, which should be fine, but I want, and already have a bunch of, rechargeable Li-Ions. I'll turn it on with some freshly charged tenergys, see how hot it gets, and go from there.

The heat will tell the story, my one Light gets really hot with a fresh battery, it's 450 lumens, but I simply drop the mode lower till the battery V drops a bit.
However I would imagine the headlamp has limited body/head cooling.
If you are running or using it whilst moving the airflow might help to cool it down.

Personally I'm not a favorite of dual CR123 lights that cannot take 18650 cells.

Dirtbasher

Newly Enlightened
Apologies, just noticed that those are the blue Tenergy cells , try and get the green Tenergy they are the 3 v cells (LiFeP04)
etysatuh.jpg