My first surefire, yet it has a problem...

Candlelight

Newly Enlightened
I just receive my first surefire E2e, the light is OK until I put on the new KL1 head (crown bezel design), I cannot turn it on. The KL1 head seem fine but I think the ring inside the head is not contacting with the body itself. Is there anyone has the same problem?

Candlelight

Newly Enlightened
You wish!!! LOL
I think the new KL1 head design is not matching with the old body design. It seen the ring inside the KL1 is deeper than the old one.

Wolfen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok, sure , that is it!!!!!!

Honestly if it don't work...send it back to Surfire!!!!!!
I had the same problem with a G2 and a KL3. Surefire replaced the KL3.

Candlelight

Newly Enlightened
Screwed the beze... well finally work!! I must been so careful not to damage it than I didn't turn the bezel all the way. Thanks for your help

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
glad you got it working! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

it's always nice when your "broken flashlight" turns out to not be screwed in all the way /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
similar things have happened to me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif

ZENGHOST

Enlightened
Same thing happened to me with my L1--felt kinda stupid afterwords, but it seemed to be the same with my L4 and my KL1--if it's not screwed down really tight then it won't work.

smokinbasser

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had just got my KL1 /E1e from Dan at TW and it just quit I checked the battery for volts and put it back together zippo nada zilch. Then I just tightened the bezel to body and it worked fine.The clearances are a wee bit too close for my liking,if you need to crank down for a good ground.

TheFire

Enlightened
Just remember, SF products are pretty robust... don't worry too much about breaking them by screwing them...