Really cool light !!!

x-ray

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sounds like your talking about this:

fl001_LARGE.jpg

radellaf

Flashlight Enthusiast
Xenon 2-cell bulbs like it uses are at Wal-Mart, but has anyone seen the 4-cell version? I have one, it came with a garrity steel beam 4AA.

I'll have to check the nearby Brookstone. Only reason I don't have that light yet is lifestyle's shipping (charge).

evan9162

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have one as well. I got it from Brookstone - as a christmas gift exchange. I will definitely be taking it camping. Xenon spot + LED + CCFT = Excellent!

-Darin

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes that´s the light! Mine is gray in color, has anyone tested it to see if it is watertight?

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast
i got some problem with my light. The fluorecent tube just would not turn on (it used to turn on). Anyone can help me in this? Sometimes it is on and when it is, it will be on for the rest of the day. However, if the problem came, nothing can make it on. please help.

BugLightGeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
So, is the light in the photo the same one you have? If so, where's the cheapest place to buy it?

bmsmith

Enlightened
If you want to get Nuwai flashlights in the USA, please send an email to Greg at Brightguy.com and let him know you are interested in Nuwai flashlights. A few people, including me, have already sent Greg email to let him know there is interest in Nuwai flashlights. Greg has emailed Nuwai but I do not know the current status of his correspondence with them. Currently there are very few to no places to buy Nuwai flashlights. If Greg started to carry them, I'd surely order a few. The more people that let Greg know of the interest, the higher the probability that Greg could begin importing them into the USA.

- Brian

ReconTech

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone have beamshots of the LEDs and the incandescent beams? And what about illumination from the flourescent? I have been looking for a good camping light.

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast
i buy the flashlight direct from nuwai rep for 18.50 (i think). So, did anyone can help me with my prob or should i contact the rep right away?

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Try banging it a little, or just get another one at $25 bucks these are a steal

Has anyone tried NiMh on this light? I wonder if we would need to change the resistors and bulb in order to work properly, any suggestions for a light bulb that works around 4.8V and gives a good 70-100 lumens?

I run mine in tap water and seems to hold well, does anyone know if the electronics can survive the water if I leave it inmersed for a couple of hours?

Thnx!
Alex

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello guys!

I bought a very interesting light a couple of days ago, the one that has the six leds, xenon bulb and fluorescent tube on the handle, boy was I in for a surprise, here`s my little review on it.

No photos but trust me on this.

The light is made of plastic so I don`t know if it is tough. you insert the 4 AA batteries on the back and put the cap on by pressure and twist and its done

The switch feels like the Scorpion 1 click and 3 leds light up, these leds are really bright and pretty white, well matched and the brightnes is compared to the Eternalight, another click and the remaining 3 leds light up for 6 led ilumination, brighter by at least 30% than the eternalight, and well focused and color matched.

Another click and the lamp goes off. one more click and here`s the surprise, the Xenon beam is much much brighter than the scorpion and E2 and and very little over the 9P, it is a powerhouse! the spot is incredible! i lighted the top of a comunications tower that is about 40 meters high from a distance of about 100 meters you do the math, but is more than 100 meters away! it outthrows the E2, Scorpion and 9p it has a really bright and tight spot with an acceptable corona, I turned the bulb several times to get that tight focus but is worth it, it is absolutely incredible!

another click and the Fluorescent lamp goes on, it is ok for an area light, the big surprise was the incandescent.

I paid 25 dollars on a Houston mall store (Brookstone I think)

It has nice O rings on tha tailcap and bezel and the switch is ruber coated so I think it should stand up to the casual dip in water but not comfortable in taking it to diving depth.

Really good value for the money IMO its a keeper.
I can`t seem to read who manufactures it but it says on its side "Cold Cathode" and Fluorescent/Xenon/Led and is about 7 inches long by 2.5 inch bezel

HTH
Alex

Gman

Enlightened
Brighter than a Scorpion? Hmmm..Mine isn't.
Strange thing is the package and intructions say the lamp is a 4.8v .9a but the lamp that came in mine is a 4.7v .4a Anyone confirm this? Would a halogen lamp be better? BN, I'll send Greg an email as you suggested.

Gene

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have both and they are pretty good lights. The mini, (Doug's picture above), is my favorite because it's just so darn handy!

bmsmith

Enlightened
shiftd, I've had the CCFL tube not work on rare occasions, but usually a cycle or two through the switch will get it to work. If your batteries are not dead or low on power, maybe your CCFL driver circuit has failed. If you bought it directly from Nuwai (I thought they had a 100 piece minimum order?) then I assume you'd need to contact them for assistance in getting a replacement. Did you buy your light from Mike Yang at Nuwai?

Quickbeam: I have that light as well and I like it too. The xenon beam is quite good on it, probably because there are no LED holes on the reflector like the larger 4AA version. I like the smaller size of the 4AAA, but it's not quite as well made as the larger one. I think I mean the "toughness" of it. The battery door, for instance, seems not as refined in design as the 4AA light. But I like them both and would certainly recommend both to everyone. They're cool!

- Brian

bmsmith

Enlightened
Gman: The packaging for my 4AA light said 4.7V 0.4A. Drawing 0.9A from AA alkalines doesn't seem like a good idea, so maybe it's just a misprint? Dunno...

- Brian

Gman

Enlightened
Brian, thanx for the reply. It was my mistake. I was looking at the wrong box, too many lights on my bench at one time! The torch still doesn't seem all that bright. On the other hand, my aluminum 6 led/xenon beam was yellow until I pulled the lamp and reinseretd it, then it was nice and white. I'll try the same with this torch.

Latest posts