KL6 arriving this morning( pics and beamshots)

AC_Doctor

Newly Enlightened
KL6 arriving this morning( pics and beamshots)

My KL6 is scheduled to arrive this morning. I will try to post some pics later tonight...

AC_Doctor

Newly Enlightened
Re: KL6 arriving this morning

No, I have a whole L6 package. Dan said the KL6 head, is going to cost about 2.5x the KL2, so buying the whole system is going to be the smart way to go. Plus you get the new style bad-boy clickie, to boot /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

smokinbasser

Flashlight Enthusiast

I just received mine via the fedex delivery and since its daylight for another 6 hours here I did the white wall test and the L6 makes the L4s look like a AAA ARC for beam with no insult inferred towards ARC products. As Dan stated the L6 IS INCREDIBLE. I can see where this is better suited to outdoor use. I have these large green and yellow spots floating around in my vision right now and I didnt even aim it at my eyes LOL BTW those wall inspections? Don't try this with the L6 unless you rent,this beast highlights everything! the wall to ceiling shots show every imperfection and cobweb clearly.

DumboRAT

Enlightened

Just got mine, too, big thanks to Dan, who fielded this order yesterday at 5PM EST (and also FedEx for getting it here an entire day early!).

I think it's AWESOME as well

Only slightly longer and larger than my C3/KL3 setup, but it is as bright as if not brighter than - subjectively - my CM-modified 5W V4-binned KL3 on this 9V setup.

And yup, like smokinbasser cited abovem the hot-spot and corona/halo pattern reminds me of my ARC AAAs' (when held very close to the wall), with a large, perfectly round central hot-spot surrounded by a soft corona outlined by a single, again perfect halo.

Mine is very white as well. Whiter than the V4-binned 5W LS that I cited above.

Unfortunately, I don't have a true L4 to compare this to, but the L6 easily also overpowers my P60 fitted Z2/C2, which is in accord with the tentative statememt released by SureFire that I copied here:

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB10&Number=400729&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1&vc=&PHPSESSID=

My 11/25/03, 11:39 AM post.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I, too, am eagerly awating darkness to fall.

Allen
aka DumboRAT

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast

any pictures? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif btw does the body of the L6 have the M3 or L6 inscriptions?

DumboRAT

Enlightened

chamenos,

Pix in a few.

The body has L6 inscriptions. The head has the new FCC logo in addition to that cool "hot" delta.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Allen
aka DumboRAT

mporter

Newly Enlightened

Got my L6 today too, ahead of schedule.

I've only had it a short while but the output seems brighter and whiter than my L5.

Anyone else have both to compare?

DumboRAT

Enlightened

chamenos,

normal_2.jpg

normal_1.jpg

normal_106_0678_IMG.JPG

Sorry for the bad quality of the pix.

It's partially my lack of photography skills (I don't even pretend that it's anywhere in my list of hobbies, LOL!), but also server filesize constraints.

The lights are, top-to-bottom, SureFire:

M6 (FM27)
L6
C3/KL3
C2/KL3/Z48
Z2 w/ C2 bezel and tailcap (FM37)
TW4

Allen
aka DumboRAT

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast

thanks dumborat! and no need to apologise; your pictures are more than adequate /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif nice collection you have there btw...the TW4 looks particular cute /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

AC_Doctor

Newly Enlightened

I would like to thank Dan at Tactical Warehouse, for his always awesome customer service !!!

I finally got some pics and some beamshots comparisons of the KL2 M3, L5, and L4. Could someone host these for me ???
AC

torment

Newly Enlightened

damn..thats rather white. just wish the thing wasn't so bulky. nice pics everyone

DumboRAT

Enlightened

AC, Darell, and chamenos,

Darrel and chamenos, thanks. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I try! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif And chamenos, the TW4 *_is_* rather cute in this company of brutes.

AC, awesome stuff ! OT, what monster knives are those?

-----

My beamshots suck, so I won't even go there, LOL !

Allen
aka DumboRAT

AC_Doctor

Newly Enlightened

These machetes are custom, hand-made by Mr. Jerry Hossom.
They both are 15" bladed, and around 21" OAL. The green handled one is S30v, and the black one is 154cm steel. The balance and workmanship is incredible. They are around $700 a piece. Jerry's website is: http://hossom.com/

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast

I got my L6 today too! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Here are some beamshots: I will take more when it gets dark. Sorry, I don't have a L5 yet so I can't compare the L5 to the L6.
l6compare2.jpg

l6side.jpg