Can someone help me with an image tweak on a Photoshop file?

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
so I have this copy of Creed's cover art for their album "Weathered" (1500x1500, 1.14 MB, JPG)

that being said, I'm trying to photoshop my face and two of my best friends' faces on to the tree to replace the Creed band members' faces. This pathetic attempt is as good as I seem to be able to do when trying to match our faces to the wood texture (1500x1500, 437 KB, JPG).

The part I'm having trouble with is making our faces look just like the original album artwork's faces on that tree, but I'm not good enough at Photoshop to get this done. Can anyone assist me in this?

if anyone's able to help me, I put the PSD files in this 12.8 MB zip file to at least show how I attempted this. I'm a true Photoshop amateur when it comes to image manipulation/doctoring. Can anyone help me make mine and my two buddy's faces look like we were on the original Creed album artwork? it's really a running joke between us so this isn't for profit or anything, but purely for the sake of humor.

I tried "Image Adjustments" stuff in that menu, but it didn't quite yield the results I wanted, I'm really just missing getting the correct wood texture and color of the tree. Anyone have some knowhow they can offer me?

I appreciate in advance any advice or help you guys have. I know there's got to be some people here versed in Photoshop, but I'm not one of them haha

edit: I didn't put this in the Dark Room subforum for photography because this isn't a serious/professional project and is a one-off thing and is purely for an inside joke. :)

Last edited:

arek98

Enlightened
I would try to restore tree first, i.e., remove their faces and restore tree bark.
Looks like back of the album has half of this tree without their faces. You could use it to get parts of original trunk.
Once you have that making extra layer with whatever you want will be easy.

CfabStudios

Newly Enlightened
^^ correct if you resotre the bark you can simply crop your face and your buddies faces lay it over the tree bark and set the blending mode on the layer with your face to overlay.

If you need more help just let me know thats an easy task