Imalent        
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: What's a canceled tv show you wish they'd bring back, even if it was just re-runs?

Default What's a canceled tv show you wish they'd bring back, even if it was just re-runs?

2 of my favorite shows to watch in the 90's was the X-files and unsolved mysteries,with robert stack. God i miss the good ol' days of hearing roberts deep voice. He could make anything sound interesting. i'm convinced he could be talking about different types of grass and dirt and i'd still probably listen to what he said with interest. Not to sure i'd want to see any NEW episodes of the X-files cause they would probably butcher them, so i'd settle for re-runs. it's kinda like Hawaii 5-0, i LOVED the orginal series with jack lord, but HATE with a passion the new one. same with the twilight zone, loved the old black and white episodes, hated the ones in the 80's.

I also miss the show called MXC, though many may have not heard of it.

Your turn!
    ~Pray for the best, but prepare for the worst~

Default Re: What's a canceled tv show you wish they'd bring back, even if it was just re-run

My Lights__________________________________________________ ___________________________________________

Default Re: What's a canceled tv show you wish they'd bring back, even if it was just re-run

The Outer Limits

The Twilight Zone.

Yes, i liked the outer limits show. i have a few episodes of them on vhs. Never seen the first show posted, but it looks decent!
    ~Pray for the best, but prepare for the worst~

The Wire and The West Wing

You seriously need to look into Hulu and Netflix, there's several hundred long-since cancelled TV series that you can watch, any episode from any season, any time, eight bucks a month. Thanks to Hulu, I have now seen every single episode of X-Files that ever aired, and definitely agree that they should continue filming new episodes in perpetuity (so long as Duchovny and Anderson are at the helm.) Netflix is the only place to see the fourth season of Arrested Development (another one that could go many more seasons), it was released only there and never aired on actual television, where it was cancelled after season three.

Edit: Here's a fine demonstration of the power of Hulu, The Outer Limits is FREE on Hulu, if you're reading this, you have everything you need to start watching right now. All 49 episodes of the 1963 series are here, all 152 episodes of the 1995 series are here. Enjoy!
    Last edited by StarHalo; 06-15-2013 at 09:45 PM.

Default What's a canceled tv show you wish they'd bring back, even if it was just re-r

Stargate Universe.

Default Re: What's a canceled tv show you wish they'd bring back, even if it was just re-r

Firefly.
    Never point a flashlight at anything you don't intend to illuminate! Never buy a flashlight you have to make payments on.

Default Re: What's a canceled tv show you wish they'd bring back, even if it was just re-r

The original Hawaii 5-0 with Jack Lord. Was'nt much Steve couldnt solve, although if he'd had a mobile phone, the show would've only been about 3 minutes long. Great intro and closing theme but...

Default What's a canceled tv show you wish they'd bring back, even if it was just re-runs?

A bit more recently, Terra Nova. It had some real potential and the technology used was better than is used in many other TV series. I really liked where they were heading.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam - Cato the Elder

My all time favorite. Wishing season 9 would become a reality.
    Last edited by buds224; 06-16-2013 at 12:01 AM.

Jericho, Harper's Island, and Weeds.

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by Chauncey Gardiner View Post
    Firefly.
    + 1000

Flashaholic*

Interesting that there are so many sci-fi fans here. I also was going to say Stargate Universe and Terra Nova, but I'd like to add Star Trek: Enterprise to the list. I'd also suggest Star Trek: The Next Generation but it's not gonna be the same now that alll the actors/actresses are wrinkled and balding (with the obvious exception of Patrick Stewart who was already bald yet seems to be immune to wrinkles).

Flashaholic

Stargate Atlantis
    Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by Chauncey Gardiner View Post
    Firefly.
    +1

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by StarHalo View Post
    ........Here's a fine demonstration of the power of Hulu, The Outer Limits is FREE on Hulu, if you're reading this, you have everything you need to start watching right now. All 49 episodes of the 1963 series are here, all 152 episodes of the 1995 series are here. Enjoy!
    Everything except a US IP address that is!
    Certainly not available to watch here due to licensing. Really can't be stuffed mucking about with proxies.

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by Ishango View Post
    A bit more recently, Terra Nova. It had some real potential and the technology used was better than is used in many other TV series. I really liked where they were heading.
    +1
    Felt really disappointed when they didn't continue this. I too felt the show had a lot of potential. Who doesn't love combining time travel with dinasours eh?

Stargate Universe was excellent! I was really disappointed when it was cancelled.

~ Chance
    Never point a flashlight at anything you don't intend to illuminate! Never buy a flashlight you have to make payments on.

Quote Originally Posted by JacobJones View Post
    I'd also suggest Star Trek: The Next Generation but it's not gonna be the same now that alll the actors/actresses are wrinkled and balding (with the obvious exception of Patrick Stewart who was already bald yet seems to be immune to wrinkles).
    Finally meeting Patrick Stewart (for all of 10 seconds) was one of the coolest things, ever.

My Dad: "Mr. Stewart, thank you for coming into our living rooms."

And he replied, "Those were good years."

An amazing actor with a timeless haircut.

The Red Green show. I miss those guys. Keep yer stick on the ice!

Quote Originally Posted by PhotonWrangler View Post
    The Red Green show. I miss those guys. Keep yer stick on the ice!
    +1 Yes!!..........Even if we have to duct tape the show back together!

Firefly
    Jericho
    Journeyman

Rome
    Last Resort
    Dead Like Me
    Generation Kills

i loved firefly, and was really bummed it was canceled after 1 season, it was such a brilliant show with great characters. the movie did give it some closure but the episode adventures was really where the fun was at.

Jericho was pretty good, i ended up buying the graphic novel to finish up the story.

I am a huge M*A*S*H fan and would have loved to see it continue.

Also, In Search Of... with Leonard Nemoy narrating.

Quote Originally Posted by skyfire View Post
    Jericho was pretty good, i ended up buying the graphic novel to finish up the story.
    : O I didn't know that.
    I'm getting Season 3 and part of 4 now!

+

Robbery Homicide Division w/ Tom Sizemore

Quote Originally Posted by Frijid View Post

I also miss the show called MXC, though many may have not heard of it.

Your turn!

MXC? "Most Extreme Elimination Challenge"? IIRC, this was on Spike, and was a Japanese obstacle course type of contest, but overdubbed in English. A little bit adolescent, but still funny. I've wondered if the original Japanese version was as funny or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve K View Post
    MXC? "Most Extreme Elimination Challenge"? IIRC, this was on Spike, and was a Japanese obstacle course type of contest, but overdubbed in English. A little bit adolescent, but still funny. I've wondered if the original Japanese version was as funny or not.
    Along those same lines, I miss the original overdubbed Japanese version of Iron Chef. The voice overs made it hilarious and I too wondered if it was as funny to a Japanese audience as it was to us in English. The new American version of the show is boring.

Becker, The Fall Guy and AirWolf!!!

My 8yr old loves watching "ALF" reruns! He went crazy after Santa brought him a small plush Alf this past Christmas!

Barry
    Changing the world one Flashoholic at a time...

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast