What's a canceled tv show you wish they'd bring back, even if it was just re-runs?

Frijid

Enlightened
2 of my favorite shows to watch in the 90's was the X-files and unsolved mysteries,with robert stack. God i miss the good ol' days of hearing roberts deep voice. He could make anything sound interesting. i'm convinced he could be talking about different types of grass and dirt and i'd still probably listen to what he said with interest. Not to sure i'd want to see any NEW episodes of the X-files cause they would probably butcher them, so i'd settle for re-runs. it's kinda like Hawaii 5-0, i LOVED the orginal series with jack lord, but HATE with a passion the new one. same with the twilight zone, loved the old black and white episodes, hated the ones in the 80's.

I also miss the show called MXC, though many may have not heard of it.

Your turn!

Frijid

Enlightened
Yes, i liked the outer limits show. i have a few episodes of them on vhs. Never seen the first show posted, but it looks decent!

StarHalo

Flashaholic
You seriously need to look into Hulu and Netflix, there's several hundred long-since cancelled TV series that you can watch, any episode from any season, any time, eight bucks a month. Thanks to Hulu, I have now seen every single episode of X-Files that ever aired, and definitely agree that they should continue filming new episodes in perpetuity (so long as Duchovny and Anderson are at the helm.) Netflix is the only place to see the fourth season of Arrested Development (another one that could go many more seasons), it was released only there and never aired on actual television, where it was cancelled after season three.

Edit: Here's a fine demonstration of the power of Hulu, The Outer Limits is FREE on Hulu, if you're reading this, you have everything you need to start watching right now. All 49 episodes of the 1963 series are here, all 152 episodes of the 1995 series are here. Enjoy!

Last edited:

JacobJones

Enlightened
Interesting that there are so many sci-fi fans here. I also was going to say Stargate Universe and Terra Nova, but I'd like to add Star Trek: Enterprise to the list. I'd also suggest Star Trek: The Next Generation but it's not gonna be the same now that alll the actors/actresses are wrinkled and balding (with the obvious exception of Patrick Stewart who was already bald yet seems to be immune to wrinkles).

Trevtrain

Enlightened
........Here's a fine demonstration of the power of Hulu, The Outer Limits is FREE on Hulu, if you're reading this, you have everything you need to start watching right now. All 49 episodes of the 1963 series are here, all 152 episodes of the 1995 series are here. Enjoy!

Everything except a US IP address that is! :)
Certainly not available to watch here due to licensing. Really can't be stuffed mucking about with proxies.

Trevtrain

Enlightened
A bit more recently, Terra Nova. It had some real potential and the technology used was better than is used in many other TV series. I really liked where they were heading.

+1
Felt really disappointed when they didn't continue this. I too felt the show had a lot of potential. Who doesn't love combining time travel with dinasours eh?

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd also suggest Star Trek: The Next Generation but it's not gonna be the same now that alll the actors/actresses are wrinkled and balding (with the obvious exception of Patrick Stewart who was already bald yet seems to be immune to wrinkles).

Finally meeting Patrick Stewart (for all of 10 seconds) was one of the coolest things, ever.

My Dad: "Mr. Stewart, thank you for coming into our living rooms."

And he replied, "Those were good years."

An amazing actor with a timeless haircut. :)