Jetbeam        
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: What's a canceled tv show you wish they'd bring back, even if it was just re-runs?

Default Re: What's a canceled tv show you wish they'd bring back, even if it was just re-run

American Guns, Coal, House, and Lie To Me.
    Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path. Psalm 119:105

Default Re: What's a canceled tv show you wish they'd bring back, even if it was just re-run

Firefly
    The Finder

Unenlightened

Firefly, no question. I still watch the only season on DVD on a pretty regular basis.

Quote Originally Posted by nightshade View Post
    Firefly
    The Finder
    I caught a few Firefly episodes and it was pretty good at times. What about Jericho? That show had a cult following but was cancelled as I recall.

Maybe an A-Team remake? It would have to be a good remake though. I think something like that would get good viewership, as long as they did it right. They could make a new team that could include an original member or 2, and the rest of the primary cast could be the offspring of the original cast, or something like that. Because George Peppard is dead, and who knows what happened to the guy who played Murdoch. You'd have to include Mr T in some significant role. When they made that recent A Team movie, the BA Baracus character didn't cut it compared with Mr T. But neither did most of the other guys. Mr T was made for that role!
    Some days you are the bug, some days you are the windshield.

Default What's a canceled tv show you wish they'd bring back, even if it was just re-runs?

Quote Originally Posted by Chauncey Gardiner View Post
    Firefly.
    +
    Control the Dark

OR Facebook | OR Forum
    | OR Insider | OVEREADY.com

Stephen Colbert announcing guest Joss Whedon: "And my guest Joss Whedon is the creator of Buffy, Firefly, and Dollhouse; the interview will be critically-acclaimed and then get cancelled halfway through."

Default What's a canceled tv show you wish they'd bring back, even if it was just re-r

Joss Whedon wouldn't revive Firefly if he could. So much more money in Marvell blockbusters.

Norm, is that show from when places like Gippsland and Goulburn Valley and half a hundred other places used to have those great TV towers ( lightning attracters ) 70-80' high, just to get a snowy picture from Mt. D. I can only just recall the Twilight Zone from then.

Outer Space Astronauts. Very short lived, and somewhat dumb, but I loved it.
    Click Here to view my lights

Quote Originally Posted by harro View Post
    Norm, is that show from when places like Gippsland and Goulburn Valley and half a hundred other places used to have those great TV towers ( lightning attracters ) 70-80' high, just to get a snowy picture from Mt. D. I can only just recall the Twilight Zone from then.

I can remember those towers and crappy snowy pictures, transmitter power must have increased over the years, Melbourne TV isn't a problem in west Gippsland, in fact we live right in the middle of the Mt. Dandy and Mt. Tassie transmitters and are set up for both, of course with digital the picture is perfect from both locations.

Norm

From my local comic book store: X-Files: Season 10, co-written by Chris Carter. Picks up right where the show left off, focusing on Mulder, Scully, and Skinner. If you're ready for the next season of X-Files but don't want to wait for the network contracts and shooting schedule, it's at your local comics place now..

PSI Factor: Chronicles of the Paranormal (1996-2000)
    St. Elsewhere (1982-1988)
    Nightmare Cafe (1992)

I could make the list much longer

Gilligan's Island. It hasn't been on TV in North America in over 10 years.

Firefly was great.
    Black Sheep Squadron
    The Munsters
    The Tonight Show starring Johnny Carson, too. They had the 'classic' episodes on KDOC a few years ago. It was on for only a few months.

MASH is still on the air. But, it's on cable only.

EDIT: Forgot one. Vengeance Unlimited (1998–1999) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0158421/

Anybody remember that one?
    Last edited by Solid Lifters; 06-23-2013 at 01:05 PM.

St Elsewhere is on Hulu, Gilligan's Island is on Netflix.

Jericho and Terra Nova are also on Netflix.

Now that we can see all these old shows, what would really top off the presentation is period-correct commercials for the full experience; so as you're watching your episode of Moonlighting, you get commercials like Kodak Color Watch with Bill Cosby, Wilford Brimley for Quaker Oats, McDonald's gift certificates, etc..

GI on Netflix? I never knew! Thanks for making that known! I have Netflix.

EDIT: OK, just checked and it's not available. They could have got rid of it. Like they did with Soap. BTW, that's another show I wish was back on the air. That show was so damn funny.
    Last edited by Solid Lifters; 06-23-2013 at 02:26 PM.

Betcha didn't know that a lot of the more famous commercial jingles came from this guy. Here he is performing his "Very Strange Medley" of jingles.

Quote Originally Posted by Solid Lifters View Post
    just checked and it's not available.
    Hm, you're right, sorry about that; they advertise it, but it is indeed missing from their service, no idea..

You can watch full episodes of Gilligan's Island here on TheWB. (at least some of them)

Of course, before there was Gilligan, there was Maynard G. Krebs, the seminal TV role model for the counter culture as played by Bob Denver on The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis which ran from 1959-1963

Last edited by EZO; 06-23-2013 at 07:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by adnj View Post
    I would lile to see "The Prisoner". Without a doubt, one of the most enigmatic, original and thought provoking shows in television history.
    If you have a Blu-ray player, get the BD release. They re-mastered from the original 70mm film, and the thing looks brand new (almost full HD quality). Nothing like those horrible A&E DVDs made from poor, degraded prints. They even did a good job of spatializing the mono sound (e.g. opening and closing doors actually show up on the back channels of my surround sound). One of the best blu-rays I ever bought.

The 2009 AMC remake with Jim Caviezel and Ian McKellen was quite disappointing.
    Full list of all my reviews: flashlightreviews.ca. Latest hobby: whiskyanalysis.com. New: Selfbuilt's MID-RANGE MYSTERY BOX Sale
    Gratefully accepting donations to my battery fund.

Quote Originally Posted by StarHalo View Post
    You seriously need to look into Hulu and Netflix, there's several hundred long-since cancelled TV series that you can watch, any episode from any season, any time, eight bucks a month. Thanks to Hulu, I have now seen every single episode of X-Files that ever aired, and definitely agree that they should continue filming new episodes in perpetuity (so long as Duchovny and Anderson are at the helm.) Netflix is the only place to see the fourth season of Arrested Development (another one that could go many more seasons), it was released only there and never aired on actual television, where it was cancelled after season three.

Edit: Here's a fine demonstration of the power of Hulu, The Outer Limits is FREE on Hulu, if you're reading this, you have everything you need to start watching right now. All 49 episodes of the 1963 series are here, all 152 episodes of the 1995 series are here. Enjoy!
    I'll try this, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by StarHalo View Post
    From my local comic book store: X-Files: Season 10, co-written by Chris Carter. Picks up right where the show left off, focusing on Mulder, Scully, and Skinner. If you're ready for the next season of X-Files but don't want to wait for the network contracts and shooting schedule, it's at your local comics place now..
    I still cant get over the fact that cancer man was mulder's real dad!

comic book store? last one of those around here went out back in the late 90's. Ah, the joys of being in a very small town. thankfully they make sites like amazon or ebay, if i relied on only what could be bought around here, i'd have nothing!

anyone remember the old show from the 60's called thunderbirds? i think it was first aired in the uk if i recall correct. it was the show done with those puppets on strings. they used to play it on tv when i'd come home from school and i loved it.
    Last edited by Frijid; 06-24-2013 at 09:20 PM.
    ~Pray for the best, but prepare for the worst~

Quote Originally Posted by Steve K View Post
    MXC? "Most Extreme Elimination Challenge"? IIRC, this was on Spike, and was a Japanese obstacle course type of contest, but overdubbed in English. A little bit adolescent, but still funny. I've wondered if the original Japanese version was as funny or not.
    I think the orginal show was called takeshi castle and it was filmed as like a movie like instead of a game show. i read about it somewhere. i know the new show wipeout imitates it, but MXC blows it out of the water. i can't even stand to watch wipeout. true it was adolescent at times with it's sexual humor, but it was funny to watch when you're having a bad day!
    ~Pray for the best, but prepare for the worst~

Flashaholic*

"Space 1999"

"Jerico."

"Creature Feature"

"Elvira Mistress of the Dark"

"Mystery Theater 3000"

"Quark"

Dam I getting old!
    Last edited by kelmo; 06-24-2013 at 09:35 PM.

I'd like to see Stargate Atlantis and Stargate Universe come back. There are some movies that never made it to D.V.D. that I'd really like to see come back. One of them was Josh and S.A.M. and the other was Alone in the Woods (the comedy, not the horror movie). Josh and S.A.M. was about two brothers that didn't get along. Josh tricks Sam into thinking he's a cyborg that will be sent off to fight a war in Africa if he doesn't escape to Canada. Alone in the Woods is like Home Alone but in the wilderness. Both shows are hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by kelmo View Post
    "Mystery Theater 3000"
    Episode "Agent For H.A.R.M.", over on YouTube..

You can watch full episodes of many older TV shows and feature films for free (with commercials) on Crackle.com. Crackle is especially nice for viewing on the iPad and other tablets.

Some examples:

All in the Family

Thunderbirds

Married With Children

The Shield

Sanford & Son

The Prisoner

Quote Originally Posted by kelmo View Post
    ..snip....
    "Mystery Theater 3000"
    for those doing a web search, that's "Mystery Science Theater 3000", or just MST3K.
    I loved that show!! ....although I only saw the second generation of it..
    How is this not being shown on the Sci Fi channel, or Comedy Central, or FX or something?

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by Steve K View Post
    for those doing a web search, that's "Mystery Science Theater 3000", or just MST3K.
    I loved that show!! ...
    I stand corrected good sir or is it Ready Kilowatt?!

Tom Servo rules!!!

An old show called The Invaders. It was from the late 60's. Had to do with alien invasions.

Mission Impossible (from Peter Graves years)
    Man from U.N.C.L.E.
    Deadwood (HBO series)

Quote Originally Posted by houstonironman View Post
    Mission Impossible (from Peter Graves years)
    Man from U.N.C.L.E.
    Deadwood (HBO series)
    "Open Channel D"... I thought that pen communicator from U.N.C.L.E. was the coolest thing.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast