ArmyTek        
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: What's a canceled tv show you wish they'd bring back, even if it was just re-runs?

Default Re: What's a canceled tv show you wish they'd bring back, even if it was just re-run

Quote Originally Posted by Steve K View Post
    The History Channel did have some good series... what was the one with R. Lee Ermey talking about various guns and weapons?? "Locked and Loaded"? I've got a few I saved to DVD. Nowadays it's all reality shows, and they really bore the heck out of me. I liked American Pickers for a while, partly because I met Mike Wolf when he was running a bike shop (he had a lot of cool antique bikes!).

The Discovery Channel also seems to have adopted the "All reality shows all the time" format. Any idea if Mythbusters is still active? I'm going to hate it when they finally pack it up and move on.
    Sadly, History Channel gave up on "history" a long time ago except in the vague and abstract sense that custom firearms and marksmanship, old rusty gas station signs, bicycles or items people sell at pawn shops or bring in for restoration are "history". This seems to be part of the "dumbing down" of television we've been hearing about for so long. Some of these shows are indeed entertaining but are hardly history programs.

Mythbusters is currently being aired on the Science Channel but these are older episodes as far as I know. The most recent 2013 episode of Mythbusters was the "Breaking Bad" special that aired August 12th on the Discovery Channel and I believe there are new regular episodes for 2013 currently in the works. (to be aired on Discovery)

Mythbusters is quite popular world-wide and so I imagine it will still be around for awhile. The Wikipedia entry has a lot of interesting info and factoids about the show.

Flashaholic*

Default Re: What's a canceled tv show you wish they'd bring back, even if it was just re-run

Eureka, ALF.
    will work for peanuts

Quote Originally Posted by EZO View Post
    Sadly, History Channel gave up on "history" a long time ago except in the vague and abstract sense that custom firearms and marksmanship, old rusty gas station signs, bicycles or items people sell at pawn shops or bring in for restoration are "history". This seems to be part of the "dumbing down" of television we've been hearing about for so long. Some of these shows are indeed entertaining but are hardly history programs.

Yes, sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by EZO View Post
    I was wondering if Discovery/TLC/History channels were just moving any of their worthwhile programming away from their basic cable channels and into the upper tier, higher dollar premium cable channels. I'm frustrated already with my cable provider raising rates and offering less worthwhile programs. I have no intention of rewarding that behavior by paying extra for the upper tier cable package. And back to the topic of bringing back shows.. Discovery used to have the "Wings" program about different aircraft.. 20 years ago or more? I would love to see that updated and brought back.

- Vegas - The one with Robert Urich, where he would park his car in his living room!
    - Spenser for Hire

- Land of the Giants If you saw one episode, you basically saw them all! Every week someone from the team got captured by the giants, and every week they had to free the captured person. . .
    Last edited by wjv; 08-21-2013 at 03:23 PM.
    Bill
    Pacific NW

That was a crime to end Season 2 like that, then not renew it. This was my favorite show, followed by 24.

Again, what a shame to end the second season like that with no closure.
    Keyser Söze was a flashaholic.

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by Gunnerboy View Post

Again, what a shame to end the second season like that with no closure.
    One good thing is that TV executives have learned that they can't get away with "reboots" the way movie executives usually can.

The original V was incredibly.

They tried to reboot the original Dark Shadows horror-based soap-opera. That one failed miserably too.
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity, here and there... Not the other way around!" - John Cleese.

I really wish they would make some new episodes of Deadwood

Flashaholic*

The Fall Guy for sure.

MacGyver as well.(with Richard Dean Anderson in the role of MacGyver.Just would feel odd having someone else playing MacGyver.)

Quote Originally Posted by AMD64Blondie View Post
    MacGyver as well.(with Richard Dean Anderson in the role of MacGyver.Just would feel odd having someone else playing MacGyver.)
    I just came here to post that exact same thing!! I've been watching season 1 on Amazon Prime this past week. Bring it back, but with 1000% less cheesyness! LOL
    GOOD TINT!

Mission Impossible,, it was always an enjoyable watch.

~ Chance
    Never point a flashlight at anything you don't intend to illuminate! Never buy a flashlight you have to make payments on.

deadwood. why did it end?

Quote Originally Posted by Chauncey Gardiner View Post
    Mission Impossible,, it was always an enjoyable watch.

~ Chance
    Yeah, that was a great show! Peter Graves and the rest of the original cast really sold the premise.

Default What's a canceled tv show you wish they'd bring back, even if it was just re-runs?

Quote Originally Posted by jcr71 View Post
    deadwood. why did it end?
    Seasons 1 and 2 had awesome individual interactions, but 3 seemed to devolve into escalating conflict between the remaining groups. I'm fuzzy as to why - shows usually do this as a death role, punch up the intensity to keep folks interested, but maybe that's where the history lead.

Sadly have to add Southland to the roster now. Saved from one network just to die at the hands of another. Hardly been a more gritty show.
    Control the Dark

OR Facebook | OR Forum
    | OR Insider | OVEREADY.com

I'd bring back Doll House, but change quite a bit. I think the producers went in the wrong direction with the whole Terminator-esque, near future, human disaster story-line. I would have kept it modern but introduced some decent characters whom the audience actually could identify with.
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity, here and there... Not the other way around!" - John Cleese.

Default Re: What's a canceled tv show you wish they'd bring back

I don't want reruns but would love some new episodes of Torchwood. I'm worried that nobody is taking care of the weevils!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Totally forgot about that show.

Quote Originally Posted by Monocrom View Post
    "The Night Gallery."

But only so that it can be done right. The series ended by having become one tired episode after another featuring New Age crap. Also, when the pilot episode turns out to be a collection of the absolute best stories that you will see during a series' entire run ... Oh yeah, that's Hella bad!! Never seen that happen with a TV show before or since.
    "Now they will know why they are afraid of the dark. Now they learn why they fear the night."-Thulsa Doom PAYPAL FEE CALCULATOR; list of lights.

This is going back a was but.... I want Max Headroom back.

Default What's a canceled tv show you wish they'd bring back, even if it was just re-runs?

Friends and Knight Rider. I really miss KIT. And Hasselhoff's hair haha!

Quote Originally Posted by Larbo View Post
    This is going back a was but.... I want Max Headroom back.
    That show was ahead of it's time.

Just thought of another one ... Forever Knight.

Back when vampires were vampires and they burned to death after being exposed to Sunlight. Yeah, the producers ended up killing off practically everyone except two main characters in separate episodes spaced quite a bit apart. But the series ended with Nick on his knees expecting to be mercy-killed by LaCroix. We never saw him killed off as the very last scene faded to black. Many fans agree that LaCroix could never kill his own "son."

So we bring it back. Keep the two main characters still left, and go on from there. New story-lines, perhaps start off with Nick finding out that VooDoo had an accomplice, a kindred soul, and Nick decides to hunt him down in revenge. That would be awesome! Then just go on from there.

+1 on "Firefly"

"Life" A weird offbeat cop show.
    "It's not rocket surgery"

After this thread came out, I went through the Firefly episodes again and most of the first two seasons of AirWolf (via Netflix).

My recollection of AW is that it was much better than Knight Rider and I was pleased to find that many of these rather-dated episodes were still pretty decent. Definitely some good air footage for a basic network TV serial.

Quote Originally Posted by Kestrel View Post
    Definitely some good air footage for a basic network TV serial.
    That was primetime, award-winning viewing back then, gotta love the action-packed 80's.. I remember preferring Blue Thunder since I was a kid, but I didn't watch it religiously or anything - its a good thing, IMDb says they filmed a whopping 11 episodes..

BTW SH, thanks for posting that Youtube link for the movie, 'The Day After', not long ago.
    Netflix hasn't had it online and I had been looking to see it again for quite a while. Just another good 80's retro piece.

Quote Originally Posted by Kestrel View Post
    After this thread came out, I went through the Firefly episodes again and most of the first two seasons of AirWolf (via Netflix).

My recollection of AW is that it was much better than Knight Rider and I was pleased to find that many of these rather-dated episodes were still pretty decent. Definitely some good air footage for a basic network TV serial.
    I just hate the way they "ended" the series.

Farscape.
    I liked the characters, even though the writing wasn't as spot-on as it could have been

Quote Originally Posted by DrafterDan View Post
    Farscape.
    I liked the characters, even though the writing wasn't as spot-on as it could have been
    Oh! Loved that show! But the series started to get a bit ridiculous and stall towards the end. It definitely deserves a 2nd chance.

Jericho!! Just to relive the experience of throwing nuts to the network

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast