TK45 Owners, Quick question!

wheniwake

Newly Enlightened
The backboard behind the LED is red on my light, is this normal?

I have seen green and normally black, seems a llittle odd this is red no? Have emailed Fenix to no avail.

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
On my LD20 R5 purchased in 2013 it looks the same. red.
i hate it.

wheniwake

Newly Enlightened
I shall sleep easy tonight! (After I have finished playing with it) I mean everything checks out, SN(all be it its an american registered no and I'm in the UK) Packaging, build quality and even down to the fact the o-rings have been greased as have the threads. All modes work and the battery holder has TK45 written on it, as i have seen elsewhere.Not to mention, the output, wow! Especially when compared to my LD20. I'm always paranoid about expensive purchases.Hurry up night time!

Last edited:

martinaee

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's normal. I don't know if the xp-g R5 changed or was always like this, but my TK-11 that I got a few months ago is an xp-g R5 and has a red board behind it. Nothing to worry about.

Also when the Fenix E40 was released not too long ago using the new xp-e R4 I got one cheap---- it too uses a red circuit board that the emitter sits on. It doesn't affect the tint at all that I can see. It shouldn't since 99.9 percent of light will be going away from the emitter. Maybe a tiny bit will be reflected back from the lens onto the red board and then back again... but not enough that it would make any difference.

Edit:

Here is the E40. It's turned on, but you can see the red board (not sure what it's made of) it's sitting on.

6qp9.jpg

Last edited: