Quark QTLC not functioning

Gentlemansflashlight

Newly Enlightened
Having a great experience with my QTL, I purchased the tactical and it doesn't function correctly. Thinking the threads needed lube and/or cleaning, I did both (nitrolube) and changed the battery to have the light briefly illuminate and go out.

Suggestions?

Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
Having a great experience with my QTL, I purchased the tactical and it doesn't function correctly.

Little confused... you have a QTL and then bought the tactical QTLC? Aren't both tacticals? only difference is one is Clipless?

In any case, with the tailcap off, use a paper clip to connect the batt neg terminal to the battery tube edge... or just swap the clickies... if the light works, then the problem is usually the retaining disk inside the clicky (has 2 divots at 6 & 12 o'clock), just tighten it down with a pair of needle nose pliers. On any other model except the the QTL and QTLC, if the screw down collar for the clip is loose, it can also prevent the tailcap-to-batt-tube from making electrical contact.

If the head doesn't work when you bypass the clicky, then you probably have to send it in - Foursevens will take care of you with minimal time/hassles.

Gentlemansflashlight

Newly Enlightened
Little confused... you have a QTL and then bought the tactical QTLC? Aren't both tacticals? only difference is one is Clipless?

In any case, with the tailcap off, use a paper clip to connect the batt neg terminal to the battery tube edge... or just swap the clickies... if the light works, then the problem is usually the retaining disk inside the clicky (has 2 divots at 6 & 12 o'clock), just tighten it down with a pair of needle nose pliers. On any other model except the the QTL and QTLC, if the screw down collar for the clip is loose, it can also prevent the tailcap-to-batt-tube from making electrical contact.

If the head doesn't work when you bypass the clicky, then you probably have to send it in - Foursevens will take care of you with minimal time/hassles.

Wow, many thanks. I'll give this a try!

Yes, I purchased the QTLC despite having the QTL: the proud switch and the tactical interfaced appealed to me... As well as having the light without the clip!

My wife thinks I'm a little obsessed: I've purchased close to 20 lights the past 6-months.... I think she may be on to something...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

LightCrazy

Enlightened
How is the tint from your QTL/QTLC? I am thinking of getting a QTLC with newer xpg-2 led to use on a lanyard. The tint on my QP2L-X is a little green. Thanks.. Is the single cell QTL with xpg fairly bright for its size?