Trunite TN30 Died :(

Bruno28

Enlightened
So i got this light about a year ago at hkequipment, never actually used it for more than 5 mins for playing around.

Today I wanted to charge my batteries, so i left it running on HIGH to discharge, then it all turned off by itself about 10 mins in.
Now the light doesnt even switch on :(
Its probably had a 25 min life run time and it already died, that sucks.

What now? Did i just lose a $240 flashlight?

Last edited:

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
First, if you're using lithium-ion 18650 batteries, there is no need to discharge them fully before recharging them. In fact, it's better if you don't. Lithium-ion cells prefer to be topped off often rather than run down completely.

2nd, when you say you "left it running on HIGH", does that mean you left it sitting on table, just running? That light generates a LOT of heat when on the high level, so probably not a good idea. Whenever I've used a flashlight to discharge NiMh batteries (to condition them every 3 to 6 months), I've run my flashlight on high with the head in a pot of cool water so that the heat build up won't damage the LED.

This may seem obvious, but have tried running the light on freshly charged batteries?

Bruno28

Enlightened
First, if you're using lithium-ion 18650 batteries, there is no need to discharge them fully before recharging them. In fact, it's better if you don't. Lithium-ion cells prefer to be topped off often rather than run down completely.

2nd, when you say you "left it running on HIGH", does that mean you left it sitting on table, just running? That light generates a LOT of heat when on the high level, so probably not a good idea. Whenever I've used a flashlight to discharge NiMh batteries (to condition them every 3 to 6 months), I've run my flashlight on high with the head in a pot of cool water so that the heat build up won't damage the LED.

This may seem obvious, but have tried running the light on freshly charged batteries?

I wasn't going to completely discharge, just for 20 mins or so.
Yes i left on high for 10 min, but the light was only warm to touch, was not very hot, maybe 35 degree Celsius.

Im going to charge up my spares and try out soon and let you guys know.
So its ok to leave the Li-ion fully charged all the time?

Last edited:

Bruno28

Enlightened
i changed to new AW 2900mah and now they work. :)
Hope im never left out on dark when i really need light.