Klarus XT10 Switch malfunction

Bruno28

Enlightened
Hey,

Today i wanted to charge all my flashlights, I keep the Klarus xt10 in my car, only if I need it for any reason.
As i was turning it on, the switch is very sensitive and if i leave it ON and I just touch the switch (without pressing the click), the light flashes and blinks. Seems to have a bad contact or something.
Anyone experienced this?

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
Check the retaining ring on the inside of the switch. You will see 2 small holes. Find a tool that fits these holes and tighten the ring.

kj2

Flashaholic
do i need to remove the rubber switch? How do I remove it?
To tighten the retaining ring, you don't have to replace the rubber-cover for the switch.

To remove the rubber cover. Take out the retainer ring. Take out the switch, washer and the rubber cover.

Bruno28

Enlightened
To tighten the retaining ring, you don't have to replace the rubber-cover for the switch.

To remove the rubber cover. Take out the retainer ring. Take out the switch, washer and the rubber cover.
Ok thanks, ill give it a try.

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast
You just need to tighten the inside of the tailcap by inserting the needlenose pliers into the 2 small holes you see in the picture below from another thread.
If you don't have pliers with tips thin enough you can use the scissors from any Victorinox knife - I found they work very well for tightening tailcap retaining rings.

Here's a picture of the inside of the tail switch.

[...]