Impressons of Nitecore MH2C?

mmace1

Enlightened
There's still not a whole lot online about this light. If you have it - what's it like?

seattlite

Enlightened
I have both the MH2C and the MH1C. The 2C is very bright(but not as bright as my P60 DD XML drop in) and the USB charging port is VERY convenient. However, its a bit large for EDC carry. I prefer the one cell MH1C for EDC. The MH2C doesn't get that much use since I prefer a P60 drop in XML or a one cell XML for EDC.

mmace1

Enlightened
I have both the MH2C and the MH1C. The 2C is very bright(but not as bright as my P60 DD XML drop in) and the USB charging port is VERY convenient. However, its a bit large for EDC carry. I prefer the one cell MH1C for EDC. The MH2C doesn't get that much use since I prefer a P60 drop in XML or a one cell XML for EDC.

Cool, thanks. I'm not looking at it for EDC, so that's OK. Sans being too large for that, are there any drawbacks to the light that you've discovered?

seattlite

Enlightened
Nope...beam was nice and bright, good amount of spill and decent throw...more of a "wall of light" output. To access the different modes, you have to twist out the body a little bit. With the body on tight, you only have access to high. Its a really convenient light since you can charge it using a USB Micro cable and charger. I've had several trips with my MH1C and I didnt have to worry about bringing along extra batteries or a battery charger. I just brought along an extra USB Micro cable and used my cellphone charger or my laptop's USB port to charge the light...very convenient.

Last edited:

mmace1

Enlightened
Nope...beam was nice and bright, good amount of spill and decent throw...more of a "wall of light" output. To access the different modes, you have to twist out the body a little bit. With the body on tight, you only have access to high. Its a really convenient light since you can charge it using a USB Micro cable and charger. I've had several trips with my MH1C and I didnt have to worry about bringing along extra batteries or a battery charger. I just brought along an extra USB Micro cable and used my cellphone charger or my laptop's USB port to charge the light...very convenient.

Last question - what batterie(s) have you run in it? The one that comes with it is only 2300, so if I get it, am considering gragging a 3100 Zebralight battery (free shipping to outside the US), or similar.

seattlite

Enlightened
I'm running what came with the light: Nitecore NL183, 2300mAh 18650. I didn't find the need to run anything else since it charges right in the body. If you get one, remember to depress(click on) the light when you charge.

ShroominDave

Newly Enlightened
Well I finally pulled the trigger tonight and purchased my 3rd led light. It is the Nitecore MH2C. Man did I go back and forth on all the choices but ultimately decided that I want to concentrate on single 18650 lights - and this one is rechargeable with the common micro usb cable that both my phones use. I am not too worried about the size as this will bemy work light and therefore be kept with my tools and not carried all the time.

I do also have two Quarks, Qt2l-X and Qt2A-x that I like alot but really wanted to try the 18650 lights. Hope I made the right choice. :caution:

Last edited by a moderator: