KL3 on 9P

waumpuscat

Newly Enlightened
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gifI have a Surefire 9P that I bought several years ago but has seen very little use and I would like to increase the use and versatility of the light with an LED bezel. Can I put a KL3 or any other bezel on this 3 cell light? Thanks you guys, I love the forum /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

oldgrandpajack

Enlightened
Absolutely! I think this is the best body for the KL3. Gives you over 7 hours of regulated light. I have two white and one red KL3's on 9P bodies. One of the white KL3's has a F68 traffic cone on it.
oldgrandpajack

AR15Fan

Newly Enlightened
I found the KL3 head really front heavy on a 6P body. Should be much better balanced on a 9P.

oldgrandpajack

Enlightened
You can put a Turbo Head on it, too (T2, KT2-BK and SRTH). Then there is the black M2, shock isolated bezel with Pyrex lens. The black Z44 bezel gives you a Pyrex lens in the standard size bezel. The Z32 gives you a shock isolated bezel with a Lexan lens.
oldgrandpajack

oldgrandpajack

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
ChrisM said:
I like my KL3 on my Z2 body with clickie. Nice looks, weight, balance...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, that must be why I have the clickies on these. I didn't even realize how it effected the balance. They're a natural combination.
oldgrandpajack

waumpuscat

Newly Enlightened
Thanks you guys /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gifthat is exactly the comments that I had hoped to hear. Looks like there will be somethingelse to try and shop for come payday /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/broke.gifHave a great Thanksgiving!

Phil

richpalm

Banned
I put my KL3 on a G2 body and used the Z4xx clickie also. It is one of my favorite lights. Perfect walking light.

Looking for a black KL3 if anyone has one.

Rich

DumboRAT

Enlightened
I've had a KL3 on my C3 since the KL3 first came out.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

More recently moved to a C2/Z48-clickie setup with the KL3 as an all-round "general-use" light. Awesome combo, and I don't even notice the slightly lower output nor slightly shorter run-time.

During the great NE black-out this summer, I literally ran the thing for 5 hours straight without noticing even the slightest hint of battery drain.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Allen
aka DumboRAT

Samoan

Enlightened
I put a kl3 on my 9p (TY oldgrandpajack) tonight!

Used to the p91 at first it struck me as quite blue and quite dim. Then I went carousing around the back yard in the dark.

Yipee!

Peace...

Fern...

rlhess

Enlightened
The KL3 is one of the brightest 1W Luxeons that is commercially available. In fact, it's brighter than my Lambda Ill Pill and Illuminator by a bit.

Somebody was running a sale on clear (bright aluminum) 9Ps last year (ASPI Tactical?) and I got three of them. I now have one with an SRTH head, one with the standard P90 LA, and one with the KL3. This, I call my 9P Trio. It can handle almost any night-time looking or hanging around task I can think of (short of the Banana) and with 4 dozen 123 cells in one small shoulder bag, will run forever (almost).

I like the KL3 for that application. It is big, however.

The L4 is brighter, but 7 hrs vs 1 hr is important.

Cheers,

Richard

oldgrandpajack

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
ftumch33 said:
how`d you get a red KL3???

[/ QUOTE ]

Surefire makes the KL1 and KL3 in red, blue and green too. Don't understand why Surefire doesn't advertise them. I ordered some at Bulldogenterprises.com, last summer. I had to call the order in. I sold my blue KL1 and KL3. Still have the red and green in both.
oldgrandpajack

CM

Flashlight Enthusiast
A KL3 with an overdriven 1W at 700mA or a 3W at 700mA makes a nice bright light which gives you over 3 hours of light. I modded mine with a PM6 reflector and a TWAK 3W and it out throws every commercially available LED light I have including the L5. The hotspot of this thing is incredibly tight though overall output is lower.

CM