My lights went out

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, due to a major screw up I was without Electricity for 4 days. Fortunatly I had a PILA GL3R with the white LED tail cap. It kept me able to see and do things.

My Surefire hurricane with partially used DL123's also helped out.

My GL4 also has a white LED tail cap but I use it with a clickie on duty and wanted to conserve battery power
Now that the lights are back on all of my lights are fully charged

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
madecov,
So did you go through a lot of batteries? We had a 4 day blackout here a few years ago and although I had lots of batteries we (wife & 2 kids) went through them like a hot knife through butter. Now I keep hundreds of batteries on hand /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nope, my hurricane and PILA were just fine. The PILA lasted almost all 4 days. Of course I had to go to work and come home at 2:30am. I stay up about another hour and then crash out.

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is when you need to spend $25 and get a two of the Energizer folding fluorescent lanterns. They take 4-D's each and last 20 hours. Nice thing is that most of my flashlights use AA's or 123's, so two 12 packs of D batts last a long time in these lanterns.

GregR

brightnorm

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
Double_A said:
This is when you need to spend $25 and get a two of the Energizer folding fluorescent lanterns. They take 4-D's each and last 20 hours. Nice thing is that most of my flashlights use AA's or 123's, so two 12 packs of D batts last a long time in these lanterns.

GregR

[/ QUOTE ]

They're my favorites and will burn longer on one tube. I prefer them to the 8D lanterns.

Brightnorm