Inforce 9VX

Jharpphoto

Newly Enlightened
I've been digging around in here and on the web and can't find many review or those with real world experience with this light. Can anyone shed some light on this interesting offering from Inforce?

Jharpphoto

Newly Enlightened
hmmm, I can't believe nobody has this light. I must be the only torch addict interested in this 1.

Cereal_Killer

Enlightened
I dont know anything about the 9VX but I do know of Inforce. I may be wrong but if this light is anything like their WML (1913 rail mounted pistol light) you can expect technology from 3 to 5 years ago, in terms of brightness and driver efficiency.

Like I said I don't know anything about this light, I only have experience with the one product, so they may have caught up by now.

Why don't you let us know what you think of it? That may stir up some discussion.

Last edited:

Machete God

Enlightened
I've been carrying the 9VX as my daily light for the past few days, after an absence of a year or more from my pockets! Do you have anything specific you want to know? The one I have is an earlier version - I believe the later version has some degree of programmability to the UI (i.e., whether it turns on in high or low first).

Anyway, here are links to some reviews:
http://specialcircumstancesinc.blogspot.com/2011/10/review-inforce-6vx-9vx-tactical.html
http://thebrightsideforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=659 (disclaimer: this one was written by me).

Last edited:

Jharpphoto

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the traffic fellas. I think the latest version has a programmable UI and all modes are controlled via clicky. New lights have 300 lumen max. I've seen the 2 reviews from above but I just wanted to get some feedback on reliability, throw vs spill, reflector efficiency as well as how the light carries/ ergos.

Cereal_Killer

Enlightened
(disclaimer: this one was written by me).
Very nicely written review. Man I love the Internet, any of us can put out great reviews and without open forums none of this information would be out there for anyone who looks... Sorry to be OT but I have read so many reviews recently getting ready to release my first here (been reviewing @amazon for awhile) and I hadn't seen one of yours before and every time I run across a new person's reviews I always enjoy seeing their own personal styles & formats they like to use.

The light looks reminds me of a solarforce P1D mixed with a Malkoff, interesting to saw the least. (I don't use the word ugly when it comes to lights, I use to hate zebralights because of the looks, but once I started using them I quickly realized my hatred was unjust and now that I own 3 of them I have actually come to like the looks)

Jharpphoto

Newly Enlightened
I've been carrying the 9VX as my daily light for the past few days, after an absence of a year or more from my pockets! Do you have anything specific you want to know? The one I have is an earlier version - I believe the later version has some degree of programmability to the UI (i.e., whether it turns on in high or low first).

Anyway, here are links to some reviews:
http://specialcircumstancesinc.blogspot.com/2011/10/review-inforce-6vx-9vx-tactical.html
http://thebrightsideforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=659 (disclaimer: this one was written by me).

great reviews btw. Just looking for additional users experiences with this light.

nanotech17

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have one since Feb 2011 got a replacement with a new UI on Oct 2011 due to waterproofing issue in a basin for 5 minutes ( water ingress found in the TIROS) so far no complaints from me but yet to test it in a basin - beam pattern similar to Fenix E15. New Ui is helpful.Ad bright as my Fenix PD31 .

Sent from S IV Hybrid using Tapatalk 2

Machete God

Enlightened
Thanks for the traffic fellas. I think the latest version has a programmable UI and all modes are controlled via clicky. New lights have 300 lumen max. I've seen the 2 reviews from above but I just wanted to get some feedback on reliability, throw vs spill, reflector efficiency as well as how the light carries/ ergos.
Here's a quick summary of my experience with this light (9VX, my version is 300 lumens with non-programmable UI) in addition to what I already wrote in my review.

It's been reliable for me in its not-very-demanding role of daily pocket carry light. As he wrote, Nanotech17's experience with his wasn't so good (water-proofing) but Inforce stepped up to the plate and replaced his light. Inforce lights have a limited lifetime warranty - some will chalk it down as marketing, but it's a big plus point for me when a manufacturer is willing to stand behind its product for the lifetime of the product.

What light do you currently have? If I have that same light (or a rough equivalent) I could perhaps try to compare them in terms of throw and spill. I'll also try to post up a picture or two later, comparing the spill against the SureFire LX2 and some other lights.

As mentioned by another reviewer, the tail switch is quite stiff, but as a result has never accidentally turned on in my pocket (I carry it bezel up in the pocket). I find that the clip is mounted too low to make an ideal pocket clip (too much of the light sticks out), but it is serviceable as the light is slightly head-heavy and won't flop out of the pocket. The clip works great with MOLLE straps. The 9VX is VERY light for its size.

Low mode has very noticeable PWM. Not sure if this has changed in later versions.

Very nicely written review. Man I love the Internet, any of us can put out great reviews and without open forums none of this information would be out there for anyone who looks... Sorry to be OT but I have read so many reviews recently getting ready to release my first here (been reviewing @amazon for awhile) and I hadn't seen one of yours before and every time I run across a new person's reviews I always enjoy seeing their own personal styles & formats they like to use.

The light looks reminds me of a solarforce P1D mixed with a Malkoff, interesting to saw the least. (I don't use the word ugly when it comes to lights, I use to hate zebralights because of the looks, but once I started using them I quickly realized my hatred was unjust and now that I own 3 of them I have actually come to like the looks)
Thank you for your kind words! The reason you haven't seen one of my reviews before is because I don't do very many of them! :D One man's meat is another's poison but I personally like the look of the light - it's partly the reason I bought mine!

Last edited:

Jharpphoto

Newly Enlightened
Here's a quick summary of my experience with this light (9VX, my version is 300 lumens with non-programmable UI) in addition to what I already wrote in my review.

It's been reliable for me in its not-very-demanding role of daily pocket carry light. As he wrote, Nanotech17's experience with his wasn't so good (water-proofing) but Inforce stepped up to the plate and replaced his light. Inforce lights have a limited lifetime warranty - some will chalk it down as marketing, but it's a big plus point for me when a manufacturer is willing to stand behind its product for the lifetime of the product.

What light do you currently have? If I have that same light (or a rough equivalent) I could perhaps try to compare them in terms of throw and spill. I'll also try to post up a picture or two later, comparing the spill against the SureFire LX2 and some other lights.

As mentioned by another reviewer, the tail switch is quite stiff, but as a result has never accidentally turned on in my pocket (I carry it bezel up in the pocket). I find that the clip is mounted too low to make an ideal pocket clip (too much of the light sticks out), but it is serviceable as the light is slightly head-heavy and won't flop out of the pocket. The clip works great with MOLLE straps. The 9VX is VERY light for its size.

Low mode has very noticeable PWM. Not sure if this has changed in later versions.

Thank you for your kind words! The reason you haven't seen one of my reviews before is because I don't do very many of them! :D One man's meat is another's poison but I personally like the look of the light - it's partly the reason I bought mine!

Thats the kind of info I'm looking for. I ordered a 9vx and should be in tomorrow. Like many of us I have too many lights but for comparison sake I have surfier 6px pro, 6p w/ malkoff head, Jet beam PA40, Jetbeam RRt0, Fenix tk35. I wonder if there might be an aftermarket clip that would allow for deeper pocket cary? If you have time for beam shots I would love to see those. Thanks again for your reply's

Machete God

Enlightened
Left to right: Inforce 9VX, Malkoff MD3 with M60, SF 9P, SF LX2, SF G3 with M31LL 219. Sorry I forgot to include the 6PX Pro. Sorry about the overexposed beams, but I hope this picture is helpful. You'll notice the generous spill from the TIROS of the 9VX. It loses to the LX2 in terms of throw, but the flood is MUCH, much more usable.

IMG_1374_zpsfeb20af1.jpg

And here are our participants.

IMG_1375_zpsb593965b.jpg

Last edited:

Jharpphoto

Newly Enlightened
Left to right: Inforce 9VX, Malkoff MD3 with M60, SF 9P, SF LX2, SF G3 with M31LL 219. Sorry I forgot to include the 6PX Pro. Sorry about the overexposed beams, but I hope this picture is helpful. You'll notice the generous spill from the TIROS of the 9VX. It loses to the LX2 in terms of throw, but the flood is MUCH, much more usable.

Thanks for the pics and beam shots. Looks like the 9vx has a pretty nice throw/spill balance. Mine should be here tomorrow wooo hoo.

IMG_1374_zpsfeb20af1.jpg

And here are our participants.

IMG_1375_zpsb593965b.jpg