Maxtorch        
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Overview: All eneloop batteries; 2005-2019

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Overview: All eneloop batteries; 2005-2019

Eneloop overview 2005-2018

In February 2017 I started building a website about eneloop batteries called eneloop101.com to get all the information about eneloop batteries , an eneloop charger list and in 1 spot. There is lots of information including pdf product sheets, pdf eneloop catalogs, complete line-up of Japanese made Sanyo and Panasonic eneloops, Chinese eneloops, and all the limited editions.

If you want to know where to buy your eneloops, have a look at my Where to buy eneloops page: https://eneloop101.com/where-to-buy/

You can also visit the facebook page: facebook.com/eneloop101/ for questions, discussions, deals and giveaways

Overview of all Eneloop Batteries:

Eneloop batteries overview PDF 2005-2019

Eneloop Limited Edition Overview

eneloop limited editions overview PDF 2009-2019

Arguably: The best rechargeable batteries

Useful Threads:

1. The history of Eneloop technology by Rosoku Chikara: Link to thread at CPF
    2. Japanese vs Chinese Eneloop 4th gen cycle testing by Power Me Up: Link to thread at CPF
    3. Test/Reviews of Eneloops by HKJ: Links to:

1. What are the recommended chargers for eneloop? discussions and info thread about chargers for eneloops
    Last edited by ChibiM; 09-04-2019 at 01:18 AM.

Default Re: Overview: All eneloop batteries; 2005-2015

Last edited by ChibiM; 04-11-2017 at 01:31 PM. Reason: updated info

Detailed info on all models and versions of eneloops.

2015/5 eneloop America show new packaging for 10year shelflife: http://shop.panasonic.com/about-us-l...batteries.html
    Last edited by ChibiM; 07-04-2018 at 01:38 AM.

Default Re: Overview: All eneloop batteries; 2005-2013

I think a lot of people here have seen parts or all of this information at one point or another but it is really nice to have in one place. Thank You.

If you are looking for "made in Japan" eneloop batteries, from Japan.
    I sell all kinds of eneloop batteries at CPFM . (sales stopped)

I live in Tokyo, Japan, and ship them worldwide
    Eneloops:
    • Standard
    • Lite
    • Plus
    • Pro
    • limited editions
    • chargers

Here the official announcement from a few months ago, that they were going to rebrand their eneloops..
    From April 26 to be precise
    Last edited by ChibiM; 06-24-2015 at 06:17 AM. Reason: updated link

Many thanks for the precise explanation.
    I'm now looking for Eneloop batteries in e-bay because in order to get them here in this country I need to get a loan from the bank, they sell them about 200% more expensive than in the internet..
    My problem with e-bay is that it is easy to get the fake ones.. and until you get them you can't know that.
    Do you know a e-bay dealer that sells the genuine ones? (you can PM if you don't want to expose the answer)
    Have a nice day.

--- Ricky Marek

Update January 2015: Chinese vs Japanese eneloopsC

Not all batteries currently on the market are made in Japan..
    some are made in China... beware, that some testing have shown that AA eneloop standard , made in China, are inferior to their siblings made in Japan.

Take note that this is at least for the time being.. the Chinese eneloops may gain quality over time.

• 1 easy way to tell the difference is that the Chinese made cells show a 65% capacity after 5 years.

HERE AN EXAMPLE
    First picture is a pack that is made in China.. you can see 65%

and at the backside of the Chinese made eneloops..
    the circled part shows that they are made in China... (hard to understand without knowing Chinese characters) but the easy part is the 65% text

The next pack is made in Japan.. you can see 70%

Although the text COLORS is spelled without the U on the "Japanese made" package, that doesnt mean that all of them with that text are made in Japan... thats just a small difference. But not the main difference.
    Last edited by ChibiM; 03-22-2018 at 08:08 AM.

I'm from the Galilee in Israel

Local shops (related to photography) sell the XX for ~50 US$, the Standard ones are around 25US$.

The official dealers do not sell the XX

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by rbid1962 View Post
    ..My problem with e-bay is that it is easy to get the fake ones.. and until you get them you can't know that.
    Do you know a e-bay dealer that sells the genuine ones? (you can PM if you don't want to expose the answer)
    --- Ricky Marek
    Check you PM box for a trustworthy Eneloop source way safer than eBay.

__philippe
    Last edited by __philippe; 06-22-2013 at 03:58 AM.

Edit: Voluntarily removed my post as "off topic." Please see my new thread.
    Last edited by Rosoku Chikara; 06-23-2013 at 12:42 AM.

Crackup Re: Overview: All eneloop batteries; 2005-2013

Quote Originally Posted by __philippe View Post
    Check you PM box for a trustworthy Eneloop source way safer than eBay.

__philippe

Can you please PM me the source you are mentioning?

Thanks!

Default Overview: All eneloop batteries; 2005-2013

The glamour ones look absolutely gorgeous but I am very satisfied with my regular glitter eneloops. Several friends and relatives have remarked how cool they look without me asking, just when I had to get batteries for a device. Only in Japan would they care about the colors of batteries that you don't see when using devices.... But I can get on the bandwagon with that! Haha

It would be nice if you could get a 4 pack of one color of your choice

We don't have colored batteries in the US the only ones I remember are those pink breast cancer energizer alkalines

We need a flashlight made from transparent aluminium to show off all these cool looking Eneloops...

@kosPap, I`m sorry, there is not enough verified information about duraloops, and there is so much unknown information about them, that I don`t want to add them in the overview.. I keep it to real eneloops only for now.

So please don`t start going OFF topic about duraloops in this thread please!

@SaraAB87: There are eneloop tones, and glitter tones available in the US! those are 2nd gen. eneloops...
    Once these newer eneloops will come available, I will probably buy a few packs and put them in my sales threads on CPFM . so keep an eye on there!

@Serenity: I`ve heard that before. And I understand. But at the same moment I still like special eneloops

THanks for putting this information together!

Hope the rebranding from Sanyo to Panny doesn't bring about a drop in the quality of the Eneloops.

I didn't even know there were C or D size eneloops. Are they still made?

Yep, still made, and with new wrapper..
    See the opening post

Quote Originally Posted by ChibiM View Post
    Yep, still made, and with new wrapper..
    See the opening post
    They don't seem to be sold in the US. I can only find the D-Cell on Amazon as a very expensive imported item. Too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by cbm View Post
    I didn't even know there were C or D size eneloops. Are they still made?
    i assume the info in the thread link below has not changed:

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...-Cells-Exposed

"It's confirmed folks, the Eneloop C-cell is composed of 4 x AAA cells and the D-cell is composed of 3 x AA cells"

you can also buy the plastic spacers that hold the individual batteries.

I use the plastic spacers. They do OK.
    Dave
    "If your sport does not put grease, blood, or dirt under your fingernails, then it's just a game!"

Enlightened

Thanks for the Star Trek reference, Scotty.

Do you guys mix Eneloops, or do you have stories where mixed Eneloops proved damaging in some way?

I'm about to pick up some new eneloops, and I can't quite figure out which one to get. I've been looking at this one on amazon, SEC-HR3U8BPN, which is the same one currently listed on the Sanyo site (see battery spec chart near bottom of page for additional info).

Yet, going by this thread, it seems I should be looking to pick up HR-3UTGB, which would be this one on amazon.

Which one is the most current version? SEC-HR3U8BPN, according to the sanyo site, only gives 1500 cycles with 75% charge maintenance after 3yrs non-use, while the HR-3UTGB is supposed to give 1800 with 70% charge maintenance after 5yrs non-use (according to the OP list). The amazon ad for HR-3UTGB says 75% capacity after 5 years storage. It seems like HR-3UTGB is the one to get, but it isn't listed on the Sanyon site. Furthermore, HR-3U8BPN (or whatever pack iteration) is getting all the sales on amazon and was made available on amazon at a later date than the HR-3UTGB one I linked (suggesting a newer model, if "made available" date is any indication). I'm just thrown off by all the nomenclature which seems to vary by source...

Thanks in advance for any help

Edited to add:
    I decided to go with the HR-3UTGB batteries from amazon I linked above. There won't be a real practical difference for me in use, so I'm just splitting hairs here. Based on what I've gleaned here, and the nice little review(s) vouching for the batteries as legit by "NLee the Engineer" on Amazon, I figured might as well just get them and be done with it. I'd still like to know what the deal is though, if anyone can set me straight.
    Last edited by HikingMano; 11-27-2013 at 10:33 PM.

HikingMano do you know if the Eneloops are genuine or counterfeit, since the Internet is full of fakes?

Quote Originally Posted by HikingMano View Post
    I'm about to pick up some new eneloops, and I can't quite figure out which one to get. I've been looking at this one on amazon, SEC-HR3U8BPN, which is the same one currently listed on the Sanyo site (see battery spec chart near bottom of page for additional info).

Yet, going by this thread, it seems I should be looking to pick up HR-3UTGB, which would be this one on amazon.

Which one is the most current version? SEC-HR3U8BPN, according to the sanyo site, only gives 1500 cycles with 75% charge maintenance after 3yrs non-use, while the HR-3UTGB is supposed to give 1800 with 70% charge maintenance after 5yrs non-use (according to the OP list). The amazon ad for HR-3UTGB says 75% capacity after 5 years storage. It seems like HR-3UTGB is the one to get, but it isn't listed on the Sanyon site. Furthermore, HR-3U8BPN (or whatever pack iteration) is getting all the sales on amazon and was made available on amazon at a later date than the HR-3UTGB one I linked (suggesting a newer model, if "made available" date is any indication). I'm just thrown off by all the nomenclature which seems to vary by source....
    I purchased an 8-pack of Eneloop AA batteries listed as SEC-HR3U8BPN on Amazon here:
    http://www.amazon.com/eneloop-cycle-...dp/B004UG41XW/

Although the outside packaging claims 1800 recharge cycles and 70% capacity after 5 years, all of the cells inside are all labeled HR-3UTGA, which matches 2nd generation batteries. Rather than these being 3rd gen. cells inside 2nd gen. wrappers, it seems more likely to me that these are indeed 2nd gen. cells appropriately wrapped and that they were subsequently placed inside 3rd gen. packaging.

BTW, these were purchased directly from Amazon, LLC.

"Here's a good idea: A light bulb that only shines on things worth looking at." --George Carlin

Default Re: Overview: All eneloop batteries; 2005-2014

That is very comprehensive.But I don't know them.There are two 18650 batteries in my flashlight.

Flashaholic

For now, I have HR-3UTGA, 11-05LX in Pink and Yellow.
    I can't seem to find my white ones and don't know which Gen they are. Probably 1st.
    Am picking up some Disney ones soon.

I was wondering where my Sanyo Harmolattice 2500mAh (metallic red/orange wrapper) fall into?
    It has "Powered by Eneloop technology" printed on the side.
    Some say that they are the same as the Eneloop XX.
    Their code:
    HR-3U25HM
    10-11UG
    Min. 2,400mAh

Where do you get those Disney ones from?
    They are older eneloops, and limited editions, so likely they are going to be quite a bit more expensive than regular ones.

the Sanyo Harmollatic ARE eneloop XX batteries. The only difference is that the Harmolattice don`t come pre-charged... so they are basically empty XX/PRO batteries

Flashaholic

Just old stock from one of the local battery dealers here. It's a store that specializes in just batteries and chargers.
    From Alkalines and Lithium primaries to Li-Ions. Standard sizes and specialty ones as well for other type of electronics.

Flashaholic

Thumbs up Re: Overview: All eneloop batteries; 2005-2013

ChibiM,

Thanks for this great info!!!!!!

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast