Overview: All eneloop batteries; 2005-2021

ChibiM

Enlightened
Eneloop overview 2005-2023

In February 2017 I started building a website about eneloop batteries called eneloop101.com to get all the information about eneloop batteries , an eneloop charger list and in 1 spot. There is lots of information including pdf product sheets, pdf eneloop catalogs, complete line-up of Japanese made Sanyo and Panasonic eneloops, Chinese eneloops, and all the limited editions.

If you want to know where to buy your eneloops, have a look at my Where to buy eneloops page:
You can also visit the facebook page: facebook.com/eneloop101/ for questions, discussions, deals and giveaways

Overview of all Eneloop Batteries:

Eneloop batteries overview PDF 2005-2023

New eneloops have been announced in 2022-06 in EU
5th generation Eneloops, now with 2,000 mAh, see this post

Eneloop Limited Edition Overview

eneloop limited editions overview PDF 2009-2023

Arguably: The best rechargeable batteries

Useful Threads:

1. The history of Eneloop technology by Rosoku Chikara: Link to thread at CPF
  2. Japanese vs Chinese Eneloop 4th gen cycle testing by Power Me Up: Link to thread at CPF
  3. Test/Reviews of Eneloops by HKJ: Links to:

1. What are the recommended chargers for eneloop? discussions and info thread about chargers for eneloops

Last edited:

ChibiM

Enlightened
Re: Overview: All eneloop batteries; 2005-2015

9108533806_36409b2284.jpg

15856317119_ee230eac7a_z.jpg

Last edited:

Knight_Light

Enlightened
Re: Overview: All eneloop batteries; 2005-2013

I think a lot of people here have seen parts or all of this information at one point or another but it is really nice to have in one place. Thank You.

ChibiM

Enlightened

If you are looking for "made in Japan" eneloop batteries, from Japan.
I sell all kinds of eneloop batteries at CPFM . (sales stopped)

I live in Tokyo, Japan, and ship them worldwide
Eneloops:
  • Standard
  • Lite
  • Plus
  • Pro
  • limited editions
  • chargers

Here the official announcement from a few months ago, that they were going to rebrand their eneloops..
From April 26 to be precise
8530404513_8ea2a66dbe.jpg

Last edited:

rbid1962

Newly Enlightened

Many thanks for the precise explanation.
I'm now looking for Eneloop batteries in e-bay because in order to get them here in this country I need to get a loan from the bank, they sell them about 200% more expensive than in the internet..
My problem with e-bay is that it is easy to get the fake ones.. and until you get them you can't know that.
Do you know a e-bay dealer that sells the genuine ones? (you can PM if you don't want to expose the answer)
Have a nice day.

--- Ricky Marek

ChibiM

Enlightened

Update January 2015: Chinese vs Japanese eneloopsC

Not all batteries currently on the market are made in Japan..
some are made in China... beware, that some testing have shown that AA eneloop standard , made in China, are inferior to their siblings made in Japan.

Take note that this is at least for the time being.. the Chinese eneloops may gain quality over time.

• 1 easy way to tell the difference is that the Chinese made cells show a 65% capacity after 5 years.

HERE AN EXAMPLE
First picture is a pack that is made in China.. you can see 65%
eneloop-tropical-chinese-M.jpg.jpg

and at the backside of the Chinese made eneloops..
the circled part shows that they are made in China... (hard to understand without knowing Chinese characters) but the easy part is the 65% text
16042830965_66af32e7c3.jpg

The next pack is made in Japan.. you can see 70%
eneloop-tropical-M.jpg

Although the text COLORS is spelled without the U on the "Japanese made" package, that doesnt mean that all of them with that text are made in Japan... thats just a small difference. But not the main difference.

Last edited:

__philippe

Enlightened

..My problem with e-bay is that it is easy to get the fake ones.. and until you get them you can't know that.
Do you know a e-bay dealer that sells the genuine ones? (you can PM if you don't want to expose the answer)
--- Ricky Marek

Check you PM box for a trustworthy Eneloop source way safer than eBay.

__philippe

Last edited:

Rosoku Chikara

Enlightened

Edit: Voluntarily removed my post as "off topic." Please see my new thread.

Last edited:

rbid1962

Newly Enlightened

I'm from the Galilee in Israel :)

Local shops (related to photography) sell the XX for ~50 US$, the Standard ones are around 25US$.

The official dealers do not sell the XX :(

Knight_Light

Enlightened

For example, I do not see the 500 cycle "limitation" of the Pro series as any kind of real limitation at all. It no doubt depends on your particular application, but in my case, I am almost never going to fully discharge my batteries within one week. That means that, given a 500 cycle "life," the Black Eneloop Pro batteries that I have recently purchased will last me for ten years! (Frankly, I do have all that much confidence that will even be alive by then!)

And, Don't be "fooled" by the numbers. How may cycles are you going realistically ever use?
If you want to talk realistic real-world use you shouldn't quote manufacturer claimed cycle life figures. Those are under ideal situations. You should cut that figure in half at the very least.

Rosoku Chikara

Enlightened

An Aside:

I want to apologize to those who have already posted replies, but I happen to live in the mountains, where we have relatively poor internet access, at least when it comes to USA-based servers. So, I have found that the best way for me to successfully post on this forum, is for me to post a "Quick Reply" and then further edit that post "as I go."

(Otherwise, I run the very real risk "losing the whole thing" after I have typed it.)

Therefore, some of your comments above may have been written before I had finished my intended post.

I must apologize for that.

Last edited:

Rosoku Chikara

Enlightened

Edit: Voluntarily removed my post as "off topic." Please see my new thread.

Last edited:

Vortus

Flashlight Enthusiast

ChibiM, that's a great piece of info to have there. Thanks!

mactavish

Newly Enlightened

Thank you for all you work in creating that database, would be nice as an excel spreadsheet share? I just bought 16 AA & 12 AAA, all new 3rd generation eneloops. I had read about the Panasonic rebranding, and increased cycles, but at 1800 advertised cycles, I was not about to wait. The 3rd generations are readily available on Amazon, but the only offerings for the 4th gens, were imports, this last week when I did my shopping. Nice job!

ChibiM

Enlightened

If you guys want to buy a few 4th generation AA eneloops, I have a few for sale on CPFM.

N8N

Flashlight Enthusiast

Does anyone have any idea if Amazon, Thomas, etc. are going to get the C and D cells whenever Panasonic decides to let the rest of the world have the 4th gen? And have there been any tests/verification of capacity on them yet?

Rosoku Chikara

Enlightened

I seem to recall seeing a photo of an Eneloop D cell that had been opened, and it was found to contain 3 x AA cells.

(I believe you can find that photo somewhere on CPF. I have no idea about their C cells.)

N8N

Flashlight Enthusiast

You're right, somehow I missed this.

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?287461-Eneloop-C-amp-D-Cells-Exposed

Wonder why if they were going that route they didn't just sell separate holders for the cells? I would pay for good AA to D or AAA to C holders were such available... but it seems that at least for D size all you can get is two AA to a D unless you make your own. Would be way more flexible than the arrangement shown in those pics.

ChibiM

Enlightened

Eneloop XX are sold with different numbers in different countries.. which might cause confusion....at least it confused me.

These are all HR-3UWXB, 2nd generation XX/PRO but with different packages.. 1 with Typ. mAh rating, others with Minimal mAh rating.

9528001585_cb79d5fbf1_m.jpg
9528001541_d6d15f2ff1_m.jpg

9528010661_fe59208f4c_n.jpg

Above left is the Chinese version, and right is the English version
and below is the Japanese version.

Last edited: