Klarus XT1C

NYRanger96

Newly Enlightened
Hey, I plan on getting the Klarus XT1C and I wanted to know if anyone has it and can give me information as there are not many reviews out there online. Also would anybody be able to tell me what batteries(Preferably Rechargeable) would work best. I know it says that it works with the RCR123A batteries but I don't know what voltage or amps its is supposed to have to operate properly. Thanks:):thumbsup:

kj2

Flashaholic
I haven't the XT1C but the P1C. Am using a Eagletac 16340 battery, runs good with that battery. Does get hot quick so you don't want to run it too long.

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
I haven't the XT1C but the P1C.
+ 1

i haven't the xt1c either but the P1A. i can run the 14500 without overheating the body and it costs less than the xt1c so you might want to look at it.

NYRanger96

Newly Enlightened
Thanks you. I think I will stick with the XT1C over the P1A or P1C because of the lack of modes on both of those. thanks though for the information on the batteries also

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast
RCR123 Li-ion 3.7v are not supported officially but apparently the will work fine as long as you don't keep the light on long enough for it to get too warm.

I stuck a 16340 in my XT1C before I realized only CR123s were supported, and the thing lit up super bright, got hot quick -- but did not burn out the circuit. So I sent an email to Klarus about whether they are supporting only CR123s because of circuit limitations, or because of the heat, and the answer is ... the heat. You can evidently use 16340s, just turn the thing down when it gets hot:

I've heard a lot of people say they'd get an XT1C if they could run 16340s. Well, this isn't exactly carte blanche, but with caveats, you can run them.

Monkeyman69

Newly Enlightened
Hey I ordered an XT1C a little while back but I ended up never using it as I wanted it for a pocket light and I ended up going with an AAA light so it was narrower. If you want it I'll give it to you for $40 shipped to the US. Still new in the package I was planning on trying to sell it on ebay.

pchapman86

Newly Enlightened
Just bought the XT1C, looking forward to running it with rechargables! I have the P1C already but that tail switch is bugging me and I love the UI on my XT11.

knife_SICKness

Newly Enlightened
I have the XT1C, I think it's a great light. It is good for edc, but I think it shines in a personal defensive role. It's small enough to always have with you and the interface is spot on for getting it on bright and fast. I attend University of Houston where there is a lot of crime spilling over from the neighborhood. When I'm there on a dark night walking to the garage this light is confidence inspiring. I feel like criminals and muggers choose their victims carefully; they look for someone who looks weak or unprepared. They can't see the knife or gun you may be carrying but if you are walking around lighting up the night you don't seem unprepared or weak. I'm sure they have to wonder what else you are prepared with.

NYRanger96

Newly Enlightened
hey sorry i just saw this i might have taken you up on this offer but I ended up ordering a nitecore mt1c

Latest posts