New EagleTac T100C2 MKII. Amost like the Fenix PD35. But Better!

välineurheilija

Enlightened
I like it!it reminds me of Fenix TK11 but probably not as heavy.and i like Eagletacs switches they have a good feel.

kj2

Flashaholic
I wouldn't say this is better than the PD35. The T100C2 MKII has less lumens, has more weight, only two modes and a bigger head.
And twisting to switch modes isn't that handy with bigger lights.

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
is this is a new model? i mean the "Mk II" release.

Up All Night

Enlightened
The MK II moniker has been around since 2009/10 and included a "beefier" head, "tofuier" if you're a vegetarian!
Emitter and driver upgrades since.

TK41

Newly Enlightened
Looks ugly, annoying twisty head, not a sleek design, only two output modes? PD35 for the win. To be fair I don't think the PD35 is perfect in the look/design, but I prefer it over this ET.

Last edited:

Up All Night

Enlightened
Designed as a weapon light, a twist bezel w/2 modes seems apropos. Other than now offering an XM-L emitter, I wouldn't compare it to the PD35.
Two different lights entirely.

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Designed as a weapon light, a twist bezel w/2 modes seems apropos. Other than now offering an XM-L emitter, I wouldn't compare it to the PD35.
Two different lights entirely.
+1! The PD35 and the T100C2 MkII are not really comparable lights. True they both are 2xCR123/1x18650 but if we really want to find a close Fenix equivalent to the T100C2 it would probably be the TK11.

The difference is Eagletac update their older models with newer LEDs while the TK11 has had the same old and underdriven XP-GR5 since the March 2010! I assume Eagletac do that because their older models keep selling well.
Fenix seem to focus more on new products and discontinue older models or no longer update them until they phase them out.

And twisting to switch modes isn't that handy with bigger lights.
It depends what you look for the UI. In fact twisty offer several advantages:
- they can be operated with any kind of gloves;
- the head is in one place and, unlike side switches, does not need to be located;
- if the threads are properly lubed the head can easily be twisted one-handed and without changing grip;
- they allow selecting the output while the light is off.

Definitely not the best UI if you are looking for several brightness levels and expect to change output very often but otherwise I find it to be very practical.

Last edited:

GordoJones88

Flashlight Enthusiast
The thread title should not mention "Better than Fenix PD35" because it's just gonna start something. The two lights aren't even that similar.

MichaelW

Flashlight Enthusiast
Why would they push it further? The Fenix uses a step down scheme to play ANSI marketing games.
1 hour draining 2x cr123A is plenty of power draw. Any more and you run the chance the first cell's PTC tripping under high temperature usage.

Really this a Mark III. The initial mkII included a body change. mk 2.5 was a circuit change to increase drive current from 850mA to 1.2 amp, and an addition of xp-g variants. mk 2.75 was xp-g2 replacing xp-g.

This probably has 10k+ lux vs. the 8600 of the pd35
and the Fenix pd35 cost 50% more.
and if it isn't a typo at the bottom, it says xm-l2 U2 neutral-white optional.