Small and bright

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
It seems to me that my McLux PR Head with a TWAK led and a DB1000, might be pushing the envelope in terms of size vs light output.

I am not really sure about this but this combo (McLux PR head TWAK DB1000) seems very bright. The spot is a little more blue than the very white light that the space needle II produces, but it is just about as useful in terms of throw and spot as the SNII. All of this in a package much much smaller than the SNII.

At a friends house in a very dark part of town we did some beam comparisons and I have to say that I love both of theese lights I mean lighting up trees at like 150-200 feet with a tiny hand held 3 watt flashlight.
The future is bright. I do think that we will have our work cut out for us to overcome the size vs tempature issues that are bound to plague us all in the near future.

Yaesumofo /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Wolfen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Would you happen to know what the run time is with this package on cr123a lithiums? How about Pila 168s Li-Ion cell? I get 1.5 hours with a R2H HD / Downboy 700 and the 168s Pila Li-ion cell.

thanks,
Tim