don't want to cook a turkey? buy one in a bottle!

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
don\'t want to cook a turkey? buy one in a bottle!

this thanksgiving, you might consider adding a new beverage to your meal: turkey and gravy flavored soda

sure, it doesn't sound good...but it does sound interesting!

unfortunately, i can't get it locally /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
anyone in an area where they do have it? i'd really like to try some if someone would be willing to send me a bottle or two. even if not, i'd like to hear if it's any good.

whiskypapa3

Enlightened
Re: don\'t want to cook a turkey? buy one in a bottle!

That ranks right up there with my worst favorite drink --- Inka Kola, the national soft drink of Peru. Looks like -- well it's yellow -- and tastes like used bubble gum..

BlindedByTheLite

Flashlight Enthusiast

hmm the reviews don't make it sound very appealing *lol*

i'll go check around for it tho. i gotta taste the stuff.

B@rt

Flashaholic

Hmm, I think I prefer this "turkey drink"... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
art1118_811.jpg

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast

Are these the same people that were just a few years ago trying to market fish flavored water for cats and beef flavored water for dogs?

Guess this qualifies as a liquid diet /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif Sure has fewer calories than a traditional meal. But then I've got a couple of pies in the oven right now, it's my job to bring desert to this years gathering. I notice that they left out the desert. It always goes wrong when they get to the desert... No blueberry pie /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Rothrandir

Flashaholic

jones's site is sold out /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

i think they carry a chocolate drink of some sort for desert though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

K A

Enlightened

There was a blurb about this in our paper today. Apparently Jones Soda sold out of ALL 6k some bottles in only a FEW HOURS last week. Thats amazing. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/faint.gif

And I liked this blurb from our paper:
[ QUOTE ]

Founder and chief executive Peter van Stolk dreamed up the seasonal flavor on a lark, but admits he can't stomach an entire bottle.

[/ QUOTE ]
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

And the GOOD thing that comes out of this. The company is apparently donating all proceeds from the sales of this stuff to Toys for Tots.