How snug is too snug? (TK22 w 3400 mAh 18650)

Chingyul

Newly Enlightened
Hey Guys,
Havn't been here in a while, but I just picked up a Fenix TK22, and trying 18650s for the first time.
Bought a Tenigy 2600mAh that fits fine in the light.
However, I also picked up 2 KeepPower 3400mAh cells. They fit, but have to be pushed gently in. To remove, I have to "whip" the light slightly in order to get enough purchase on the battery to pull it out. Not ideal, but it works. Any concerns with it being that snug, or just a convenience factor?

Thanks

bbrins

Newly Enlightened
Probably alright, just keep an eye on the little strip that runs from the protection circuit up to the positive terminal to make sure that the shrink wrap doesn't wear through or gets gouged by the lip of the flashlight body.

whiteoakjoe

Enlightened
Norm it would be nice to have a sticky for battery fitment issues. Some of the high end 18650's are getting expensive enough to make me think twice about buying without knowing if they are "fat" cells?

mmace1

Enlightened
"18650/3400's don't fit (without modification)...generic Panasonic 3400 + ZebraLight sc600"

That just saved me some money (I'm fine with removing a wrapper, but not with a cell that *needs* that just to jam it in...)

Latest posts