Victorinox SwissFlame, not available to U.S.?

shankus

Flashlight Enthusiast
swiss_flame_gross_1.jpg

Victorinox SwissFlame is "Not available in, or to residents of, United States, Canada, and the Caribbean."

What gives?
Why the hell not?
Can anyone figure this out?
Now I want one...

zorba

Enlightened
Maybe they consider US and Canadian citizens not mature enough to play with it... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Mark2

Enlightened
Shankus, if you really want one, I'll go to a local store and get one for you. If enough people are interested, I could get them directly from the factory, which would result in a better price, probably around $70.

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cool, if I was out camping and the steaks were not quite done after cutting into them to check, you could just give it another couple of minutes with your pocket knife!

GregR

Marty Weiner

Flashlight Enthusiast
These are available on the internet here for $58.79 USD plus shipping from Germany. Click on the English flag at the top right.

I think that the picture on this string is actually the Campflame (w/saw) which is $55.95 USD.

Marty

Mark2

Enlightened
Sounds like a very good offer, the price is without VAT, something I cannot get when buying the knives as a private person here in Switzerland, in fact, I cannot even get it if I order from them, because I am in Europe! Crazy, isn't it?

Kristofg

Enlightened
I've been using one for a while now (I've recently moved out to a place of my own and wanted something more original than matches to light candles with) It works excellent, but it does burn quite fast trough the fuel in the reservoir, so make sure to fill it up on a regular basis. The quality is really excellent though and I've been using it to solder wires without problem. I got mine from Cotsworld , who delivers worldwide.