World War Z and the Purge - movie thoughts (no spoilers)

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
World War Z
good movie, thoroughly entertaining. a welcomed difference from your typical zombie movie.

the Purge.
it sucks. dont waste your time and money on it. its slow, and is the type of movie that wants to make you shout at the screen.
i dont want to spoil anything for anybody that does want to watch it. but it would be better not expecting much from it... :devil:

Cinder

Newly Enlightened
I don't care what the critics say about World War Z, I thoroughly enjoyed the movie especially since my theater showed it in "4D". I didn't get sprayed by water or smoke, but I literally got bitten during one of the jump-out-of-your-seat scenes...by my girlfriend who was next to me. She later told me she bit me to prevent herself from screaming.

The movie was refreshing - like a roller coaster ride of thrills and surprises. I was definitely entertained.

The Purge...I haven't seen it but will probably watch it this weekend (not at the movies). The trailer looked decent...I was imagining what it would be like to be in their place with my arsenal of flashlights and EDC knives. If it is what you say it is, slow and makes you mock the stupidity of the people on screen, then oh well at least I didn't pay full price at the movies. :whistle:

HighlanderNorth

Flashlight Enthusiast
World War Z
good movie, thoroughly entertaining. a welcomed difference from your typical zombie movie.

the Purge.
it sucks. dont waste your time and money on it. its slow, and is the type of movie that wants to make you shout at the screen.
i dont want to spoil anything for anybody that does want to watch it. but it would be better not expecting much from it... :devil:

Ok here's my question about World War Z. I read about the book, and it was described as a bunch of short stories from many different people about how they each dealt with the zombie problem. So basically it was pretty much the same story over and again, but from the perspective of different people.

Is that how the movie is set up?

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
i havent read the book, the movie script could be different.
world war Z, the movie follows 1 main character throughout the movie. and the story definitely does not tell the same story. its more progressive, and has a plot.

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't care what the critics say about World War Z, I thoroughly enjoyed the movie especially since my theater showed it in "4D". I didn't get sprayed by water or smoke, but I literally got bitten during one of the jump-out-of-your-seat scenes...by my girlfriend who was next to me. She later told me she bit me to prevent herself from screaming.

The movie was refreshing - like a roller coaster ride of thrills and surprises. I was definitely entertained.

The Purge...I haven't seen it but will probably watch it this weekend (not at the movies). The trailer looked decent...I was imagining what it would be like to be in their place with my arsenal of flashlights and EDC knives. If it is what you say it is, slow and makes you mock the stupidity of the people on screen, then oh well at least I didn't pay full price at the movies. :whistle:

i had no idea it didnt get good reviews, i dont pay much attention to them anyways as i have different tastes. LoL when you mentioned "you got bit" i immediately had a thought, and pictured zombie actors running around the theater during the movie.

i dont recall many knives in the Purge, but i do think i saw some surefires :thumbsup:

ash9nine

Newly Enlightened
I am really looking forward to watching this movie in a couple of days. I have watched movies that critics have said worst movie ever but I really enjoyed the movie. I have had friends, family members and work colleagues say it is a good movie and I really hated it. My point is it really depends on the individual persons taste in movies, hobbies, likes and dislikes whether they like a move or dont.

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok here's my question about World War Z. I read about the book, and it was described as a bunch of short stories from many different people about how they each dealt with the zombie problem. So basically it was pretty much the same story over and again, but from the perspective of different people.

Is that how the movie is set up?

No but it was surprisingly entertaining. No "Walking Dead" type gore but it will keep you on the edge of your seat. The end was kind of weak IMHO.

dc38

Flashlight Enthusiast
On the east coast of the yoosah. In the place wher
No but it was surprisingly entertaining. No "Walking Dead" type gore but it will keep you on the edge of your seat. The end was kind of weak IMHO.

The whole movie was predictable IMHO...It was entertaining, but seriously...it was way too predictable. By the way, was that an Aviator that the troop in the korean base used to check the pupils?

HighlanderNorth

Flashlight Enthusiast

Having seen the many previews for this movie it seems these zombies are much more mobile than the typical dumb, slow zombie. In fact, from what I can tell from previews, they seem to have picked up almost superhuman speed and agility, as if a bunch of gymnasts were bitten. If nothing else, maybe they can be tamed and used for our Olympic track and field team!

Are they faster than 'the living'?

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
Having seen the many previews for this movie it seems these zombies are much more mobile than the typical dumb, slow zombie. In fact, from what I can tell from previews, they seem to have picked up almost superhuman speed and agility, as if a bunch of gymnasts were bitten. If nothing else, maybe they can be tamed and used for our Olympic track and field team!

Are they faster than 'the living'?

That's why I will never, ever watch this movie, even if I get it for free. Max Brooks has created a top-to-bottom, exhaustive, and scary alternate reality. Both in the Zombie Survival Guide, and in World War Z. He goes to a level of detail that you can't comprehend if you haven't read the books. The zombies don't need to be fast...they are biological, and like any bio-weapon, the scary part is not flashy explosions and running. They are so frightening because they are everywhere, and letting your guard down becomes literally a matter of life and death.

The different perspectives are not a retelling of the same story, either, if you think that you haven't read World War Z. They are snippets of a larger story, and each one is totally unique, not simply the same story with different interpretations. I know this sounds crazy, but I am an avid reader, and World War Z is one of the top 100 books I have ever read. It is Sun-Tzu's The Art of War, fictionalized and updated for the 21st century. It will teach you something, scare you, and entertain you.