Arc AAA still going strong after 9 hours running

Status
Not open for further replies.

pahl

Enlightened
I just got my first Arc yesterday. It's a black Arc AAA with green LED.
I turned it on last night around 10:00 and this morning at 7:00 it was stilling burning bright, wow!

I thought it had a 5 hour runtime or something like that. I really did not think it would still be going strong when I got up this morning.

Mattman

Enlightened
Pretty amazing, isn't it? I can't tell you how long one lasts on a battery - mine's still on the first one! Sometimes I leave it on longer than I need it just to see if I can run it down faster. I'm a curious person, so I'm interested in seeing when it drops into moon mode for the first time. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

djpark

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Mattman said:I'm a curious person, so I'm interested in seeing when it drops into moon mode for the first time. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I purposely put almost dead battery to see the "moon" light.

Started at battery voltage 0.8V and I switched off after a few hours and measured at 0.3V. Not able to switch on again.

Did not see the sudden change of brightness, but the light was quite dim towards the end, but when you see it in a dark place, you really appreciate it.

pahl

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
djpark said:
[ QUOTE ]
Mattman said:I'm a curious person, so I'm interested in seeing when it drops into moon mode for the first time. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I purposely put almost dead battery to see the "moon" light.

Started at battery voltage 0.8V and I switched off after a few hours and measured at 0.3V. Not able to switch on again.

Did not see the sudden change of brightness, but the light was quite dim towards the end, but when you see it in a dark place, you really appreciate it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, it ran for a couple hours on 0.8 volts
I checked the batter this morning after it ran for 9 hours last night and it was 1.3 volts yet.

I put a new battery in anyway as they are so cheap. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Maybe I will have to put the old battery back in tonight and leave it on all night again just to see if it's still going in the morning again.

BlindedByTheLite

Flashlight Enthusiast
well. my white Arc AAA runs for about 6 hours b4 i change the battery..

on a fresh battery the beam is very white with a slightly blue plus sign in the center of the beam.. as soon as the blue takes over the entire beam i change the battery..

(i do however save the old batteries in case of emergencies, as they still put out plenty of light to navigate the dark)

djpark

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
BlindedByTheLite said:
on a fresh battery the beam is very white with a slightly blue plus sign in the center of the beam.. as soon as the blue takes over the entire beam i change the battery..

[/ QUOTE ]

I use Arc-AAA rather often. I put a freshly charged NiMh (550maH) in the morning and leave it overnight as a night light.

Then next morning, I exchange with another battery from the charger.

DJP

Status
Not open for further replies.