Angle-head turned on by itself in the middle of the night

ajl

Newly Enlightened
I put some oil on the switch of a factory fresh GI angle head flashlight a few days ago. Last night I woke up to find the light turned on with the switch in the off position. Seems like there is a short in the switch I guess. Is there anything I can do to repair the light? Is this a common malfunction with this type of light?

ajl

Newly Enlightened
I put a few drops of synthetic gun oil on the switch, which doesn't seem to be repairable. This type of light is supposed to be for heavy duty use. If the problem doesn't resolve with time I'll remove the parts from the body to be used as spares before trashing the bad body. (It was a digital camo finish.)

Mikeg23

Enlightened
I'd probably put something in there to clean out the oil, alcohol or something, and then blow it out with airgun.

ajl

Newly Enlightened
I sprayed some "gun scrubber" on the switch, and then left the body open to air. I resisted the urge to trash the body (numerous times)... I again put the batteries back in today and lo and behold, after about five days the switch is back to working properly now. :) (The switch is now working easier also.)