Flying with lights

kaseri

Enlightened
Going to be flying to London on business this Saturday and I'm wondering if anyone who has traveled recently with lights experienced any problems with them being in carry on luggage.

Reaper

Enlightened
No big problem to speak of, just curious checkers asking why I carry so many lights (after they were shown that they WERE lights). Different lights for different uses, that's all. Going to Vancouver and Hong Kong again and this time I'll only be bringing the ARC AA and LS2 with both power packs (and batteries). It seems that not all checkers are the same when it comes to looking at lights. With the same lights, one airport checker will check and another won't. Wish they would all be consistent in policies.

kaseri

Enlightened
All I plan on bringing is my LSH-P. That should be sufficent for any situation that I may happen to run into. I'll throw in a couple of extra 123's but thats it.

ttran97

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah...I fly international ALL the time, and I haven't had any problems. I usually put my big lights, like the SF M6, in my luggage, though. I figured I didn't want to cause a scene or have the TSA accuse me of bringing on a weapon. My smaller lights get on the plane in my carryon just fine...L4, 9P, etc.

kaseri

Enlightened
Sounds like I should be fine. Hopefully I'll have lots of opportunities to use my ARC /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Worst case I'll just have to make sure the hotels wall color is the same with the lights off /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm in Germany as I write this. I brought a SL Septor, Arc-AAA, Arc-LS, Photon III and a SF E2e. Nobody even blinked.