The Frugal Flashlaholic

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Today I'm going low budget:

Arc AAA - $40.

Glo-Toob AAA - $25.

Yellow G2 - $25 (thanks Marketplace!).

The reason for this thread? It's like 900 degrees outside and I'm hanging out in my nice air conditioned home office. Here's the challenge, 3 lights for $100 that you would carry without reservations. If you already own them that gets bonus points.

kelmo

Last edited:

sticktodrum

Enlightened
Foursevens Mini ML in neutral white, Mini MA, and an L3 Illuminations L10 with the Nichia 219. Each Mini was $32, the L10 was $25.

Bammy wham! :D

Note: Own all these, and they're right here. :)

Last edited:

scout24

Flashaholic
Fenix EO1. G2 with a Malkoff M61LN dropin. Photon Freedom Micro. Those three could cover just about all of my needs for right around the magic $100.00 mark... :)

ledmitter_nli

Flashlight Enthusiast
SolarForce L2T host ($20) with a vinhnguyen 3-mode Nichia 219 dropin ($50)
9V Pak-Lite ($18)
Inova Microlight ($7)

carrot

Flashaholic
47s Preon Penlight ($50)
47s Preon P0 ($20)
Petzl Tikka 2 headlamp ($30)

Figures you cover all the bases.

You have your pocket rocket (Penlight), your keychain light (P0) and your utility light (Tikka2). As it so happens, I've been using said setup for the past few months until recently when I picked up a new EB1-T.

JacobJones

Enlightened
Ultrafire M5, $1.30 (good ol DX)
Romisen RC-G2, $12
Cyclops Thor X Collosus with 75 watt HID, 70$ approx

And $16.70 left to buy lunch.

think2x

Flashlight Enthusiast
E01 ($15)
Maelstrom G5 ($50 on sale new)
G3 ($35 on MP)

EDIT: Yes, I own them all.

Last edited:

Vortus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Olight T10-on new years sale $25 prob less now since its old
Malkoff 2-3D xpg in a mag 3 D $55 (Malkoff $39, Mag $15)
Gerber Recon $20
Have them all, and like them all. Actually have more than one of each. Gives me my easy lo/med/he edc, a long lasting thrower, and a tough little low light torch with different colors if needed.

Mikeg23

Enlightened
Not really the only lights I have in my carry rotation that are under $100 are my foursevens lights, but three of them together is over $100.

DMitchell

Banned
$20 Foursevens Preon P0
$70 Eagletac P20C2 MKII XM-L U2, or ZebraLight SC 52 depending on the pants I am wearing.
$9 LRI Light Micro Mini

WDR65

Enlightened
What I've been carrying to work for the past year would be alright for this I think.

Foursevens Preon PO on keys for general use. $20
Streamlight Nano attached to my money clip knife. $8
Fenix LD01 with pocket clip so I can attach it to my hat as an improvised headlamp. $40

alaskabushman

Newly Enlightened
What I've been carrying to work for the past year would be alright for this I think.

Foursevens Preon PO on keys for general use. $20
Streamlight Nano attached to my money clip knife. $8
Fenix LD01 with pocket clip so I can attach it to my hat as an improvised headlamp. $40

I love my LD01, its a great light and its always in my pocket. Shortly after I bought it I slipped it into my pants not knowing I had a hole in the bottom of my pocket. Well, I went to work which involved a short walk on a gravel road, a boat ride, and another walk. By the time I realized my light was gone I had no clue where to look, and with 6'' of snow on the ground it was pretty hopeless. A week or so later I came home and found the lost Fenix light sitting on my kitchen table (In rural Alaska we dont lock our doors often). A buddy of mine walking on the road saw the flashlight embedded in the gravel, recognized it as mine and brought it back home. He had to use his Leatherman to pry it out of the packed ice and gravel. He said he was REALLY impressed when he tried to turn it on...and it lit up like it was brand new! It still has a few chunks missing in the aluminum body from being pressed into the road, but its still my EDC and it has never let me down. Great light, great features. Since I'm out in a boat a lot the S.O.S feature is a good one. Haven't needed it yet but...ya never know. Best $40 I ever spent.

T45

Enlightened
I try to find what I want on on sale or clearance. Case in point: I have wanted a BlackShadow Padme since I first saw one and Illumination Supply has it on sale! $44 from the Every day price of $60. I had it delivered to work and that got me thinking about starting a work desk collection that I can admire when I am away from home.

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
I own all three below. Bought the 47 and SL used, the Klarus new from DX.com

47 mini123 HCRI - $30
Klarus P1A - $29 (still unproven yet to me since I've only owned for two weeks, but like the AA option)
Yellow Streamlight Polytac LED - $40

Torpedo

Newly Enlightened
Olight I3, Lighthound aa tactical xml, and a Fenix E25....all for about eighty bucks.

Tyler A

Newly Enlightened
I want to give this a try, but no combination of my lights add up to be less than 100$...question is do we have to include batteries in the 100$ limit or can we spend 100$ on just the lights excluding batteries like 14500s and 18650s?

Poppy

Flashaholic
SolarForce L2N (with XM-L2 P60 dropin) $29
SolarForce T1 $27 (this would be to replace my Niteye MSC20 to stay on budget)
Streamlight Nano $8
Defiant 3C Super Thrower $24

$11 leftover for beer, or to make an adapter for the 3C to use an 18650
that would make all of the lights 18650 lights, except for the Nano.

So that's four lights for less than $100 :)

Last edited:

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
3 mag chargers, one with a malkoff drop in, $100 even. i received the 3 mag chargers from a retired cop, and gave him $30 worth of beer in exchange. ok, so i don't carry 3 mag chargers at once. only 2 at a time. instead of lifting weights during my walks, i lift mag chargers

Latest posts