Can a Deft carbon be upgraded with a Wavien RLT™ Collar

Lips

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wondering if anyone knows if a Deft carbon (150k lux) can be upgraded with a Wavien RLT™ Collar

I know the pill can be upgraded with a new LED (I think!)

Bumping up to 750k lux for $150 bucks or so sounds like a winner if it can be done...

Few shots of the Deft carbon (150k lux) vs the Fire Foxes FF4

Gladius - Deft (carbon) - FF3 - FF4

Gladius

Deft (carbon)

FF3 40w

FF4 24w

FF4 40w

FF4 60w

mash.m

Enlightened
I think it cant, cause the mirror is 38mm in diameter. It will not fit inside the body wich is 34mm wide.
But you can ask wavien. I think they have also smaller colars.

Markus

The_Driver

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can have it upgraded to a de-domed Cree XP-E2 (or other Cree LEDs) though. Mine does 450klux ;)

Last edited:

The_Driver

Flashlight Enthusiast
450klux with de-domed XP-E2 only change to get to 450klux? That would be a nice upgrade for sure...

Yes ;). The light is still running at 1.5A (XP-E2 can take 2.5-3A). The led is obviously mounted on a copper sinkpad. Other than that nothing was changed.
I have one of the enthusiast models with the pre-collimator. The beam ist still very narrow though.

TEEJ

Flashaholic
The asphericals are a light of last resort for me when the range, or the need to thread a line of sight through tight obstacles, make sit the only game in town.

:D

But, for that, they are awesome.

Lips

Flashlight Enthusiast
The asphericals are a light of last resort for me when the range, or the need to thread a line of sight through tight obstacles, make sit the only game in town.

:D

But, for that, they are awesome.

Yep, fun on a boat too!

While shooting the beamshots I had to use the Gladius to light the way for the Deft so I could find the spot on the tree I was aiming at. A little tunnel visioned :duh2:

Latest posts