Surefire Disco!

el_Pablo

Enlightened
I decided to folow the trend of RGBW lights and drivers.

My only concerne was that with a MCE or XML WRGB, no reflector will focuse well enought the die.

I found a small board from http://www.luxeonstar.com/Predefined-Quad-LED-Round-Assembly-p/sr-08-00015.htm with very high output and matching my color preference !

also found a quad 35mm optic, that fit perfectly the Z46 (M3 head), that mean every little rebel emitter get is own TIR optic and every led get is own power channel. Beam shot free of artefact or focus issue.

for the driver, i got a cheap chinese 17mm WRGB driver, linear current regulated 700ma per channel (4.2v max), modes -> white, red, green, blue, strob all colors, police strobe 3times red/3times blue etc..., red signal beacon 1hz.

reflector modified, and led base finished
photo_1.jpg

photo_2.jpg

photo_3.jpg

photo_4.jpg

photo_5.jpg

photo_2_2.jpg

photo_3_2.jpg

photo_4_2.jpg

photo_1_3.jpg

photo_1_2.jpg

photo_2_3.jpg

The deep red is very intense in dark condition, not a useful light, but a lot of fun, specialy with the police strob!

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hahahaha... outstanding, el_Pablo... you put all of us who went the easy way and got ourselves MCE LEDs to make our P60 modules to shame... This is awesome... too bad I don't have more time to copy your idea onto one of my hosts... I guess will have to keep using my P60 module to imitate police strobe when driving my station wagon... lol...

FREI

Newly Enlightened
Cool mod. How do you change the modes, on-off-on?

Eric242

Flashlight Enthusiast
WOW, that´s a hell of a mod. I really like and I am also red-green-blue of envy ;) Now you´ll only need to salvage a surefire c2m adapter from a KL3 or KL5 to make this the perfect lego!

Eric

el_Pablo

Enlightened
WOW, that´s a hell of a mod. I really like and I am also red-green-blue of envy ;) Now you´ll only need to salvage a surefire c2m adapter from a KL3 or KL5 to make this the perfect lego!

Eric

i know, I'm dying to find a few KL3 or KL5... Still looking but they are getting harder and harder to find.

@FREI, yes the driver is power burst controlled, short press on the tailcap switch, switches between the modes.