"broken" AA mini mag

Frijid

Enlightened
I've been carrying the same mini mag for the past 3 years with no problems. here recently i lent it to a "friend" to use for a week. well today the bulb blew in it, and i went to pull the bulb out and i got a surprise. it appears that when he turned it off, he over tightened it. the evidence of this is clear because when i went to screw it to turn it on, i noticed it was tight. the reflector, the "fins" on the back of it are bent in because it has been "crammed" against the "head" of the lamp base. well the surprise i got was that the ring around the lamp, the ring that holds the whole "unit" from falling out when you take the batteries out. If you look at a mini mag, you will see a writing around it that says "DO NOT REMOVE" well that part has been broke off. so when i took the batteries out, the whole "unit" fell out, i didn't understand what happened at first cause it fell out, then i unscrewed the head, and then the "ring" that broke off from the pressure and fell off. i can get the unit to go back in by pushing it back up a little bit, and push it the rest of the way with the batteries. i've noticed around the "base" you can see the contact post, which is to be expected, but will it damage anything to continue to use the light? it still turns on and works like normal, just like i said when you take out the batteries, the "base" falls out with the batteries. I'm mostly concerned about like i said the post is exposed. I'd hate to have it strapped on my belt and have it short out and explode or leak acid down my pants leg. I'd upload pictures of what i'm talking about so you can see better what i'm talking about, by my camera is old and doesn't do close up photos.

Frijid

Enlightened
the pro is 20 dollars? wow that's cheap, the regualar mini mag led is 25 at my local k mart. they had another their today i looked at i think it was xl2000 or something like that for 30 bucks. I may just retire the one i spoke of, but before i do that, i may put it through a torture test, like drop on concrete, expose to water, the usual to see what it can take before it stops. i hate to do this to something, as abusing stuff i own is not in me, i may go ahead and test it before i retire it!

Frijid

Enlightened
You can also go to Home Depot and get a $15 Rayovac 2AA LED light.

Is that the ones labeled as indestructible? I could have sworn i've seen a flashlight that say indestructible on the package. I think it was rayovac

I'm probably gonna go ahead and do the torture test. anyone have any output or suggestions on a "trial" i can put it through?

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
Is that the ones labeled as indestructible? I could have sworn i've seen a flashlight that say indestructible on the package. I think it was rayovac

I'm probably gonna go ahead and do the torture test. anyone have any output or suggestions on a "trial" i can put it through?
Yes, there is a few threads about them for the price I don't think they can be beat for a local buy.