armytek predator problems

surgicalshot

Newly Enlightened
Ok so I am sure I am going to have to send it to armytek but I just though I would post about it. I am using eagletac 3100mah 18650 I have tried primaries but nothing changed. Ok so here its what its doing. I program the 2nd firefly mode as soon as I select the desired level it drops to the lowest mode. However if I change to the next level and come back without turning the light off it Will be the 2nd firefly mode but if I turn it off then back on it will be the lowest mode... Anybody else having this issue?

nobletitus

Newly Enlightened
That's a really brief description. It sounds like your memorization (remember my last mode) is set to OFF in that particular line. Immediately after you make a selection in the menu (last choice) it will go I to whatever mode your flashlight is in. So if your head is loose, after your make selection then it will default to line 2. If your default is memorization off, it selects your first "mode". If your first mode is the lowest firefly then that is what it will turn to every time. There is an excellent two part YouTube video that shows what the programming is like visually. I think it references the 1.2 Predator which is the same. Once you get the hang of it you'll really like it I think.

surgicalshot

Newly Enlightened
That's a really brief description. It sounds like your memorization (remember my last mode) is set to OFF in that particular line. Immediately after you make a selection in the menu (last choice) it will go I to whatever mode your flashlight is in. So if your head is loose, after your make selection then it will default to line 2. If your default is memorization off, it selects your first "mode". If your first mode is the lowest firefly then that is what it will turn to every time. There is an excellent two part YouTube video that shows what the programming is like visually. I think it references the 1.2 Predator which is the same. Once you get the hang of it you'll really like it I think.

I watched that video before I ordered mine too. But here is my setup memory is turned on in both lines full stabilization line 1, 1 mode 500 lm, line 2 semi stabilization 2 modes first mode 1.5 lm second mode strobe I dunno the htz fast but not full speed and a protected eagle tac 3100 mah 18650 and its programmed for that batter too. But that 1.5 lm mode I have it turned on in that mode memory on I turn the ligh off and back on and it comes on in .5 lm mode not even a mode that I had programmed but if I tighten loosen then tighten loosen it will be 1.5 lm mode.... Oh and I often change strobe to 60 to 70 lm I go back and forth but that's not that important.

Last edited:

subwoofer

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm trying to understand the issue. It does sound like the auto-memorisation is set to off in Line 2.

Before you try to send it back, just try specifically setting the auto memorisation to on in Line 2 and see if that makes it operate like you want.

I have found that with doing a lot of programming, the head end threads of the battery tube can become quite dirty and the aluminium particles in the grease become a bit like 'copper grease' and make a conductive goop which can make the mode changing in Line 2 a bit hit and miss.

It is worth taking the battery tube out of the head and cleaning the end of the tube and the contact ring on the circuit board inside the head to make Line 2 more reliable (as well as any programming you are trying to do).

Last edited:

candle lamp

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree with subwoofer. I suggest you try to do that before sending the light back to the manufacturer. surgicalshot! Hope fix it clearly.

surgicalshot

Newly Enlightened
I contacted armytek and they said what you said and I have dive this already but tried once more just to be sure armytek said send it back and they will replace it.