• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD: 261,750 LUX ZOOMIE!!!

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
HI everyone,

This is a light I built for myself a few months ago. I no longer need it so I'm letting it go:wave:.

96be.jpg

Its an unbranded 2x 18650 zoomie that I machined the old head down on. I made the new head out of black Delrin. The new head is held on to the base of the old one by an allen screw. This way the head could be enlarged and still maintain the focus ability. The driver is a 3 mode L,M,H with memory.

9y6s.jpg

le7o.jpg

I made the bezel long enough to protect the lens and for use as a flash shield.

e2xr.jpg

The light was tested after one minute. I repeated the test multiple times. here are the results.

Price is $135 shipped SOLD

PP is vesture_of_blood(@)hotmail.com

Last edited:

hron61

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: 261,750 LUX ZOOMIE!!!

Awesome.
I would love to see some beamshots of this monster.
What would your runtime estimates be you think?

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks donn. I will ship tomorrow. Please let me know what you think of the light and how it compares if you have similar ones.

donn_

Flashaholic

I don't even know what a "zoomie" is, although I found one description calling it a light with a movable aspheric lens. The closest I'd have would be Maglite aspherics, and maybe ArcMania's X6.

How well heat sinked is it? I imagine an XP-G2 @ 4A+ generates some heat.

simplec6

Enlightened

I don't even know what a "zoomie" is, although I found one description calling it a light with a movable aspheric lens. The closest I'd have would be Maglite aspherics, and maybe ArcMania's X6.

Yes donnie, zoomie refers to being able to move the head fore and aft on the light in order to focus or un-focus the aspheric lens. It is a great way to have the best of both worlds, throw and flood.
As a happy customer of a few of VoB's products, I can tell you I am jealous you got a hold of this one before I saw it was for sale!

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yes donnie, zoomie refers to being able to move the head fore and aft on the light in order to focus or un-focus the aspheric lens. It is a great way to have the best of both worlds, throw and flood.
As a happy customer of a few of VoB's products, I can tell you I am jealous you got a hold of this one before I saw it was for sale!

Thanks simplec6 :)

Your right its an aspherical that the head slides up an down on. I thought it was cool because it makes the light usable for regular flashlight business other than just the long beam.

The factory "heat sinking" in this light was a joke. It was an MCPCB sitting on a hollow tube. I put about an inch deep aluminum one in there instead. The thermal path of the light is really good, but as you said 4+ amps is a lot in a light this size. At the five minute mark your going to feel it, I say you can probly run it around ten minutes or so max before you need to let it cool.

I am not that familiar with the ArcMania light. If its a good thrower I think that would be a fine comparison. Also the aspherical mags would be a good bench mark too. The lens in this light is the same size as would be used in a mag.

donn_

Flashaholic

Scorcher received! Whew...this thing has an incredibly tight focus. I haven't taken it outside yet, to throw it at my known targets, but indoors, at 40 feet, it shows an amazingly small and bright hotspot.