Armored light

Likebright

Enlightened
I used to do this to some of my lights. The ones I use the most. I order different size rubber cups from the internet and then cut them and put them on the light in areas that get the most abuse. They have kept many a ding from happening when the light, inadvertently hits the ground. Now drop on cement is a bit different and will still damage the light. But most of the time I am in the woods with my lights the protecting rubber works pretty good there. Even on those dirt and gravel paths.

m4a1usr

Enlightened
I like that idea. Sort of do the same thing but use black ESD cap plugs for bezel protection. I have access to an assortment of sizes. Do you have any search secrets you could pass along? Like materials, favorite source, etc? Thanks, John

Knight_Light

Enlightened
That is a pretty neat idea thank you for sharing. But unless you show people how you do it and where to source the supplies it's pretty useless.

Likebright

Enlightened
That is a pretty neat idea thank you for sharing. But unless you show people how you do it and where to source the supplies it's pretty useless.

http://www.dxengineering.com/search...ne/dx-engineering-vinyl-end-caps?autoview=SKU
Here is a site where one can get the rubber caps. You'll have to use some imagination to get it done. I used PVC tubing as a template cutting the ends off of the caps with an exacto knife. It is not easy to get good clean cuts but these things are cheep and you can get a lot to practice with them.
Mike

Last edited: