List of Lighs with Dual Tail or Tailcap Switches

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast
I thought it might be useful to compile a list of lights that allow true one-hand operation thanks to with dual tail or tailcap switches.
By tail or tailcap switches I mean that there is a main switch for on and off and another one for changing modes - and accessing hidden modes if any - either on the rear of the light or on the side of the tailcap.

I'm going to list the ones I know below and then I'll edit this post to update the list with your suggestions.

Fenix
LD40
LD41
RC10
TK35

JetBeam
PC25

Klarus
XT1A
XT2A
XT2C
XT10
XT11
XT20
XT30

Olight
M20S-X

Thrunite
TN12 S - not sure about this one but I do remember there's at least one Thrunite light with a secondary switch on the tailcap

turboBB

Flashlight Enthusiast
Niwalker's NWK550 has a side-switch on the tail. As for the ThruNite, it was the TN11S.

The thing is that if you're speaking of one-handed operation via a secondary tail-cap switch (as with the XT20), it'll assume you're employing an overhand grip in which case, you should be able to activate the side-switch for those mounted around the throat of the light (e.g. Olight M18) with your pinkie or other digits:

Then again, you could do the same with an underhand grip for those lights with side-switches on the tailcap, for example:

L: NWK550N3 | R: TN11S

Last edited:

ROB21

Newly Enlightened
The Tactical Impulse LE-1 light uses just one switch (tail or head) to operate on/off and mode changes. A full click controls on/off, but half presses changes modes.

Cereal_Killer

Enlightened
Elzetta's have 2 mode tail switches however there's only one button (push button for on/off, twist for mode change). I'd say it qualifies for the list but I'm not sure how you feel.

The Elzetta tail caps should work on other 16mm P60's however YMMV, I've got one on its way to me, there are conflicting reports here, I'm really hoping it works on my 6Z and/or G2 (my only un-bored P60 hosts) ill update this with my results in soon as I have it.

Last edited: