Will a Elzetta Hi/Strobe tail cap fit and work on another P60 host?

Cereal_Killer

Enlightened
After being in a L&D tactical situation Wednesday night and actually using strobe mode on the offender (with good results) I am rethinking my position of running single mode only weapons lights. My wife was assisting me (I'm not going into the whole story, its just way to much to tell this soon) by aiming an EA4's strobe at our attackers face while I was busy holding him at rifle-point. (This was at our home, a random dude was tryin to gain entry, the police came and arrested him and the dispatcher on the phone the whole time could hear everything and shooting him would have been more than justified, in fact I guarantee a lot of people out there would have shot and killed him if ther were in my position, I believe I acted with restraint here)
My mounted light is a single mode surefire (I do not use pressure switches, I activate the tail switch with my support hand index finger). Needless to say the variable strobe was actually quite effective on the drunk/high guy.

Im now wanting a strobe/high light mounted bacause it truely did help the situation. I'm wondering if the strobing Elzetta's still use standard Malkoff modules and if so if I could simply use a Elzetta hi/strobe tail cap on any standard P60. I really like the way the Elzetta does mode changes because I'm very peculiar about my weapon light's operation, I never turn it constant on so if strobe mode only takes a couple clicks to activate I'll be accidentally activating it all the time when I don't want it.

If it turns out that no, I can't just get the Elzetta tail cap and matching Malkoff module then I'll spend the $200 on the complete ZFL-M60-SS2S but I really like the G2 for the job and I run it in a gear selector mount which won't fit the Elzetta so I'll have to buy another mount as well and it will get very expensive (I know I can't put a price on my family's safety but the G2 I have is a good light, I just want to add strobing capability) if there is any other 2 stage (hi/strobe) P60 tail caps I'd look into those too.

DMitchell

Banned
Yes, you can use an Elzetta Hi/Strobe tail cap on Surefire P60 lights. The problem is that it is not consistent. Depending on the batteries used you might require a spacer. If you don't want to fork out the money for a complete Elzetta you might to check out Klarus.
Sorry, about the intruder, and glad everything turned out alright.

Last edited: