ThruNite Archer 1C

Ryp

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anyone own one? It has me very interested. It has a throw of 296m from a single CR123A. I'm sure there are throwier lights using the same battery but this is just one I stumbled across.

Kokopelli

Enlightened
I have an Archer 1A. I know it isn't the model you are asking but I believe they are very similar except the higher lumens of 1C with Cr123 vs 1A with NiMh. You can use lithium ion rechargeables in both, so they really should output similar then.

It is a throwy and surprisingly bright light for its size but I don't think you'll get over a hundred meter range out of it.

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's a lie from Thrunite.

it's treu that it's a lie.
in our *ives we have accepted to live with lies, haven't we?
once bought and in RL action, nobody cares anymore if the number on the spec sheet was 150 or 230.
once bougt, we forget about the numbers. even the runtime numbers on the Med and Lo modes.

the Archer is well built, has 10m drop impact resistance (that's no lie because i asked them in e-mails about it and they confirmed it in writing so it must be right!), and no problems with the o-rings.

great light, buy one immediately!!

parametrek

Enlightened
Actual throw for the 1C is 144 meters. Thrunite is not lying intentionally, but they did use the wrong equation for calculating throw for the Archer 1A/1C/2A. I've tried contacting them several times about the problem, without response. Been a month or two, guess I'll try again.

You can quite plainly see how far off the Archers are from the ANSI FL1 curve:

cd-m.png

kj2

Flashaholic
Actual throw for the 1C is 144 meters. Thrunite is not lying intentionally, but they did use the wrong equation for calculating throw for the Archer 1A/1C/2A.
Any company who claims to use the ANSI standard should well know, how to use the right calculation.

holylight

Enlightened
I order a archer 1a and tn31. The truth will be out when I compare with my collections of aa lights next week. For tn31 I think it be a good buy unless it have defect.

matt4350

Enlightened
I received my archer 1c today. As a complete novice, I think it's quite similar on max to my ea2. The archer has a noticeably brighter hotspot up close when indoors, but I didn't pick a lot of difference between the two when I shone them at the ceiling. Similar performance outdoors at 25m, didn't test it further than that.

fatfingers

Newly Enlightened
I just ordered the Thrunite 1c v2 cw.

It it should arrive Monday.

I searched for a review here but didn't see one.