• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD: 136 Watt ACR RCL600 Marine HID Short Arc Component Light

BVH

Flashaholic
Down payment received so I consider this sold.

I had some fun with it now it's time to move it on to someone who enjoys playing with strong Short Arcs. I would hope that someone with some imagination can mod the components into a good host. I originally received a damaged ACR RCL600 marine light from member Lips. Some of the reflector support framework was damaged along with the lamp. It sat for a long while and then I got the inspiration to get it lit up. First up was finding a compatible 150 Watt Low UV Short arc lamp. This was finally accomplished on Ebay. I used my lathe and made a sleeve adapter so the lamp base would fit correctly into the existing reflector. I mounted all the components together and then onto the two boards. I connected power via a few LiFeP04 RC packs and Voila! You can see how much superior the beam is as compared to my 85 Watt Maxabeam. It's also about a 1-degree spread but it's a long focal length design which somehow makes it much easier to identify a target beyond 600 yards as compared to the 1-degree Maxabeam. You can see this in the 900 Yard pics below. Member Get-Lit could explain it better. The performance of these components are nearly on-par with my 175 Watt Megaray. The electronics run on Voltages from about 22 to 26.5 DC and total running power is about 165 to 170 Watts. The light also has electric focus as you can see in the side view pic and push-button start/stop. The joy stick doesn't do anything in this setup but it's a great little, compact unit. It's not a typical 4-position (Left/Right - Up/Down) stick. It has infinitely adjustable movement in any direction or combination of directions. It varies by internal variable resistance.

Grab this unique, high-power short arc! It's yours for $425 shipped CONUS. First "I'll take it" with PayPal payment to: bvh {at} bvh [dot] net gets it.

Here's another thread on the light:

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...Maxabeam-Gen3-amp-RCL600&highlight=acr+rcl600

Performance versus a Gen3, 12,000,000+ CP Maxabeam

Maxabeam Right, RCL600 Left

Maxabeam Upper, RCL600 Lower

MB @ 350 Yards

MB350yards5sec.jpg

RCL600 @ 350 Yards

RCL600350yards5sec.jpg

MB @ 900 Yards - the beam and spot are too small to identify the target as a tree

MB900yards5sec.jpg

RCL600 @ 900 Yards - the larger spot allows the target to be ID'd as a tree

RCL600900yards5sec.jpg

With the MB, I could not find/see the hill top to shoot it for the 1120 Yard shot

RCL600 @ 1120 Yards

RCL6001120yards5sec.jpg

Last edited:

BVH

Flashaholic
Re: FS: 136 Watt ACR RCL600 Marine HID Short Arc Component Light

Sale pending. Down payment received so I consider it sold.

Last edited:

BVH

Flashaholic
Re: FS: 136 Watt ACR RCL600 Marine HID Short Arc Component Light

Looks like it will be delivered on Monday now that it's cleared Customs.