5-legged dog ...

Tomas

Banned
[ QUOTE ]
Five Legged Dog Has Successful Surgery
Associated Press

RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) - A five-legged dog discovered near a state park has undergone successful surgery to remove two of her legs.

[/ QUOTE ]
Uh, do we need to discuss math here? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

T_sig6.gif

B@rt

Flashaholic
Eyewitness News 11
[ QUOTE ]
The extra, or supernumerary, leg was removed because it was hampering the dog's movement. The more fully developed leg was also removed because it was rotated at a 90-degree angle, rendering it useless as well.

[/ QUOTE ]
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

B@rt

Flashaholic
Well , my dog had surgery on both hips for HD, and they had to turn the hips just a couple of degrees, but recuperation took almost a year, and still they are weak spots. (It is a Komondor, a large! dog ) In this case of a small breed, I can imagine the removal of a non-functional leg might be easier on the dog...

Big_Ed

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've seen several 3-legged dogs, and I must say I've noticed it doesn't seem to slow them down much. In fact when I was about 12 or so, I had a paper route, and my brother was helping me with it. One day, while delivering papers, I saw my brother running down the street towards me. Behind him was an angry sounding 3-legged dog chasing him, barking up a storm. He almost caught my brother! I'm still laughing about that one, and it's been 19 years since! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif