Review request:Xtar Sirius series.

NorthernStar

Enlightened
The Xtar Sirius series which is the WK40,WK41 and WK42 has been released and is at sale at many dealers yet i have not seen any reviews of those lights. I have done searching but i have not been able to find any reviews of these.I would like to see a review of these lights, especially the WK40 AA2 light,and preferably with pics and maybe even better with a movie clip.

Does anyone has a review of these lights coming? :wave:

NorthernStar

Enlightened
Thank you for the link,Shelm! :thumbsup:

I used translate,and then i read the entire review.That was a great review of the WK41 including pics. The reviewer gave very positive feedback about the light.

Now i am still looking for reviews of the the WK40 and the WK42.Can anyone helpful provide with links? :)

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Why So Serious?
+ 1

It's XTAR only.
Even though labels such as XTAR, CRELANT and NIWALKER lights are promoted on CPF with sponsored reviews, i wouldn't bother further. Maybe i act like a snob, but to me these three labels a.o. don't compete in the same league as the established CPF brands: Fenix, Foursevens, Eagletac, Armytek, and Zebralight. (Did i omit Nitecore? Oops, my bad. No sorry. Nitecore *ucks. I own the TM15, so i know lol.)

Siriusly, who cares about XTAR flashlights wth??

Last edited:

selas

Newly Enlightened
I am not so serious. Eager is the right word.:)

9j1wsj.jpg

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don`t know how to translate the link...but the beam quality looks good...run time seems good too. I have the 123 light on order...thought it would be here already...but when I called to ask if there was a hangup, was told one of the batteries I had ordered was out of stock but it was now in and the order was going out the door. So I expect it here Tuesday or so. Don`t let these guy`s get to you with thier assumptions and guesses...it might be a nice low priced sleeper light.

I will make a few comments when I get the light...won`t have any pictures though :(

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh, and I have two Nitecore lights...an old D10 with the Golden Dragon plus emitter and a "Cobra" EC25w...the D10 still works perfectly and the Cobra...just one fun light...I use it way more than my Zebralight SC600...love it.

NorthernStar

Enlightened
I don`t know how to translate the link...but the beam quality looks good...run time seems good too. I have the 123 light on order...thought it would be here already...but when I called to ask if there was a hangup, was told one of the batteries I had ordered was out of stock but it was now in and the order was going out the door. So I expect it here Tuesday or so. Don`t let these guy`s get to you with thier assumptions and guesses...it might be a nice low priced sleeper light.

I will make a few comments when I get the light...won`t have any pictures though :(

I also think that these lights might be low priced sleeper lights. I looked at the beamshots of the WK41 in the review that was linked in the beginning of the thread,and the beam was nice without any trace of green tint and the lights runtime and overall specs looks good.I won´t let me be affected by any negative assumptions and guesses of anyone who has not actually handled any of the Sirius lights in person. That´s why i am seeking for reviews by users who can give facts about the lights.

Hope that you receive your 123 light soon. Then you can give some comments of what you think about it´s performance.

Trevilux

Enlightened
This is my second Xtar flashlight. The first was the wk50, was a decent flashlight, but the wk41 is at a higher step.
At the same level as the EagleTac D25A clicky and a little (very little) under the SC52.

yMUIrMn.jpg

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is my second Xtar flashlight. The first was the wk50, was a decent flashlight, but the wk41 is at a higher step.
At the same level as the EagleTac D25A clicky and a little (very little) under the SC52.

yMUIrMn.jpg

Sunwayman wins the beauty contest...XTAR looks like it would be the most comfortable in the pocket...Zebralight looks...

How do you find the Xtar on the 30LM setting? Is the beam very usable on that level? How do you find the tint?

Last edited:

Trevilux

Enlightened
Hi.
30 lumens are very useful at home or in a small job in a garage.
For me the best is the distribution of modes, are well balanced. Perhaps I would have preferred 1-20-60-150 L (but 3-30-60-150 is also ok).
Tint is cold, but not blue. A little cooler than the SC52 and colder than in the SW C15A.

Trevilux

Enlightened
Thanks for your advice :) guys
Unfortunately I do not expect the Wk40 2xAA. This has been my first agreement with a manufacturer and only asked for the Wk41.

The data about Wk40 AA2 that I can see

E1wDQC3.jpg

the runtime is pretty good but I worry the power. Only 1230cd and 220 lumens is a bit low, with 14500 battery in WK41 I measure 2300cd and 890cd with NiMH.
It's a shame to think only in the runtime. Even so it will be interesting one 2xAA with low and very low battery warning.

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok, got the 123 light, XTAR WK42, a few minutes ago out of the mail box. First thought was the same as when I got the Olight S10 Baton...wow tiny.

Led appears perfectly centered.

The clip contacts the head so you must hold it away while screwing the light apart...and back together or risk scratching. Also the clip is not reversible...so no go for a quick baseball cap head lamp.

Threads are not square...would be my preference.

Put a Eagletac batt in there I ordered with it and turned it on...to turn it off you must press and hold for a few moments...I find this a bit irritating as I am used to a quick click...so I tend to bump it to the next power setting before remembering the press and hold concept. Might get used to it over time. Switch itself is soft, comfortable and has a nice little click to it.

Anodising looks to be flawless...knurling is good, feels good....nice grip, without being a file in the pocket.

To bright around here to make comments on brightness, beam quality, tint...will later tonight. Maybe a high mode run time test...to low batt warning light first turn on. At which time it will be switched to the 30 lumen setting and continued till warning light begins to flash, to mimic a real world "oh poop" experience.

Battery is charging now.

Last edited:

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok, high mode, 190 lumen (not turbo) run time test started at 9:10 EST... 7:10 forum time. Brand new fully charged Eagletac 750ma batt. I have a fan cooling it just in case....don`t intend to hold it for duration. Test will run till low batt warning light comes on. Then it will be switched to the 30 lumen mode and continued till the warning light flashes at which point I will stop the test.

Care to place any bets gentlemen? Claim is it will run on a 600ma batt for 75 minutes on high...keep in mind this is (suppose) to be a 750ma batt...and the warning light they claim will come on at 25% power remaining...winner gets bragging rights.

Last edited:

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok, red light came on at 10:30...after 1 hour 20 minutes (80 minutes)...changed to the 30 lumen level....

The red light remains on after changing the level...thought it might go out once the power was reduced and the voltage sag removed.

Regarding the beam itself...as one would expect it has a large hotspot. Smooth transition as would also be expected from the lite orange peel reflector. Beam tint is good, no glaring cat **** green, nothing strange. I found the 30 lumen level to be great...what I was hoping for, as one of the big draws for me was the claimed 30 lumen run time of 20 hours off a 600ma Li-ion...excellent if true. Should translate to 25 hours on a 750ma batt, by the numbers.

Ok, the red light started blinking at 11:25...gave an additional 55 minutes...think we can safely say it would have given an extra 1 hour at least if allowed to continue. Out of curiosity I bumped up the power...went to the high level, hit the button again and the light turned off and would not restart. One thing...it would appear to me the red light comes on when there is somewhere around 10% (or less) power left...not the claimed 25%.

Next test...does it really run for 20 or more hours off a Li-ion at 30 lumen...we shall find out. Other new battery installed...turned on ...and will track it..just not in one run...start time, 11:45 est

So far, I am liking this light. Only really complaint so far is the amount of time the button must be pressed to shut it down.

Last edited: